Most EAs in Codebase not working with futures?

Just want to know if anybody here might know the reason why many of the source codes for Experts featured on this site won't work in strategy tester, when backtesting on futures.

I've got an MT5 demo account through AMPfutures. Got about 6 months of futures data to backtest. 

I tried about 9 or 10 different EAs with the source code for download here in CodeBase, and only one of them produced any semblance of a backtest result. The others just produce a straight line on the graph with no trades.

Right now I'm speculating maybe it's because the EAs were tested on currency pairs, and maybe ordering by lot size won't work backtesting on futures? I don't know.

Anybody have any input or solution?

tasogare:

Just want to know if anybody here might know the reason why many of the source codes for Experts featured on this site won't work in strategy tester, when backtesting on futures.

I've got an MT5 demo account through AMPfutures. Got about 6 months of futures data to backtest. 

I tried about 9 or 10 different EAs with the source code for download here in CodeBase, and only one of them produced any semblance of a backtest result. The others just produce a straight line on the graph with no trades.

Right now I'm speculating maybe it's because the EAs were tested on currency pairs, and maybe ordering by lot size won't work backtesting on futures? I don't know.

Anybody have any input or solution?

Because most EAs on the Codebase are coded for Forex.

It's possible to code an EA the work on any market, but as most coders are active on Forex, very few will do that to publish free code.

Reason: