How to create button to go to website - page 2

Lorentzos Roussos #: So a hesitant user justifiably won't run the EA if MQ is not allowing them to continue without dlls . (aside from the confusion it will cause) (rofl emoji). Maybe they attempted to simplify things so instead of the coder informing the user to enable dlls the program does not run at all without dlls. The user will of course just abandon the program and never start it. 

I agree that it just sows confusion. It also prevents use those EAs that only use the DLL for extra functionality and that they can work normally even with DLL disabled.

One may want the DLL enabled globally and want to disable the DLL on an EA to EA basis, but with this method of theirs it is no longer possible to do.

Enrique Dangeroux #: It is this way ever since i started using MT5 mid 2017.

It is? I never noticed it. Since I gave up on DLL when I was still on MT4, I never noticed that on MT5 it worked differently.

Enrique Dangeroux #:
It is this way ever since i started using MT5 mid 2017.

I don't think so .

I have custom demos for what i sell and i recall testing on 2020 on mt5 if my linkout just displays a message when dlls are off.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I agree that it just sows confusion. It also prevents use those EAs that only use the DLL for extra functionality and that they can work normally even with DLL disabled.

One may want the DLL enabled globally and want to disable the DLL on an EA to EA basis, but with this method of theirs it is no longer possible to do.

Exactly , i just had it for links, but now that's off the table , qr codes it is :P . 

Reason: