Why not open order in different broker.

I am wondering why sometime EA is not opened order in some broker.

Broker A is OK.

But Broker B, no orders.

What is the check point of the code?

Cromo:

Broker A is OK.

But Broker B, no orders.

Hello,

take a look on log file.

It's a good point for starting....

Cromo:

Broker A is OK.

But Broker B, no orders.

could be related to how orders are executed...

1: Take profit and Stop loss are set immediately and may not work with as far as i know some ECN brokers

2: Some ECN brokers require the executed order to be modified with Stop loss and Take profit after it's been executed and not immediately.

3: Check logs for possible error as Nikolaos suggested..

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

Kenneth Parling:

1: Take profit and Stop loss are set immediately and may not work with as far as i know some ECN brokers

2: Some ECN brokers require the executed order to be modified with Stop loss and Take profit after it's been executed and not immediately.

There is no need to open an order and then set the stops. Simplify your code - do it in one step. TP/SL on OrderSend has been fine for years.
          Build 500 № 9 2013.05.09
          Need help me mql4 guru add take profit to this EA - Take Profit - MQL4 programming forum 2017.09.27

William Roeder:
There is no need to open an order and then set the stops. Simplify your code - do it in one step. TP/SL on OrderSend has been fine for years.
          Build 500 № 9 2013.05.09
          Need help me mql4 guru add take profit to this EA - Take Profit - MQL4 programming forum 2017.09.27

I have heard that order modify with tp/sl does not need anymore. It was old broker. Is that right?

Nikolaos Pantzos:

Hello,

take a look on log file.

It's a good point for starting....

Hi, I have checked MT4 journal but no messages.

You mean log file is in log folder?

Reason: