After update MT5 change the way to calculate distance from pips to point

Hi,

after recently the MT5 update, one of my EAs starts to consider points instead of pips. This is an major update and causes me a huge loss. Once my stop was optimized for this strategy, and suddently it was reduced by 10 times.

I guess that this kind of update should be carefully schedulled and published by you to avoid this kind of impact for the users.

Eklon Eleuterio :

Hi,

after recently the MT5 update, one of my EAs starts to consider points instead of pips. This is an major update and causes me a huge loss. Once my stop was optimized for this strategy, and suddently it was reduced by 10 times.

I guess that this kind of update should be carefully schedulled and published by you to avoid this kind of impact for the users.

This is a baseless accusation. Show your MQL5 code.

Vladimir Karputov:

This is a baseless accusation. Show your MQL5 code.

I'm sharing this change of behavior . 

I'm the owner and the coder of the EA, I know it's behavior. It was running 40 days calculating stop loss size in pips. 

Yesterday it opened one trade correctly before the MT5 update. Then I've clicked to update. After that, the same EA and same preset opened 3 orders (opened correctly accordingly the strategy) , but the stop loss size that is fixed in 17 pips under parameters and it was respecting it, opened with 17 points. It's a micro stop for this strategy.

Where can we find the "Release notes" from MT5 for that lastest update? Maybe there is something there ...I coudn't find.

The main thing here is that I'm sharing this change of behavior to understand what is happening with others from commnity and maybe help others with the same issue.

I understand that there is a lot of "issues" shared here that is an user error or coding error... But I'm pretty sure that this is not the case.

read post #52 for information

Sergey Golubev:
read post #52 for information

Ok, Sergey. No problem.

Anyway, if you don't mind I'd suggest to keep this mapped. 

Thanks 

Eklon Eleuterio :

Ok, Sergey. No problem.

Anyway, if you don't mind I'd suggest to keep this mapped. 

Thanks 

Here the technical forum and first of all you need to provide all the technical data. And without fail - your code. If there is code, you can almost immediately tell where the error is in it.

Reason: