ChartOpen not working with offline charts

I created an offline chart and try to use ChartOpen to open it. I have read that it should work. I even used an indicator given with an article written years ago, and ChartOpen is used to open the offline chart, but the code in the given IndUSDx.mq4 names the chart the same name as symbol offline chart creating indicator is put on, instead of USDx. I corrected that in IndUSDx.mq4 and sure enough the chart does not open the non-normal symbol name, just like it doesn't open mine. Can anyone tell me how i can open my offline chart I created named "USD" or why ChartOpen doesn't work with offline charts and how I can get my offline chart open using code?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2297#chapter1_1

Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,

Don

How to create an indicator of non-standard charts for MetaTrader Market
How to create an indicator of non-standard charts for MetaTrader Market
  • www.mql5.com
The most popular type of charts among traders to date are Japanese candlesticks that help to evaluate the current market situation with ease. Candlestick charts give a good visual presentation of price development within a period of time covered by a single candlestick. But some traders believe that it is a disadvantage that charts hold a time...
Reason: