Backtest sometimes slow sometimes fast. Why?

Hi,

i use tickdata with tickstory.

i have noticed that with the same ea when i backtest with every tick it is running fast. And after a while its running very slow. Than i download again new data and use same ea. Backtest is fast and after 3-4 of the same tests it will go slow.

So i noticed that there is something with new data. When i download new data than all old will be deleted and backtests go fast. But after some tests it go slow. Can someone check this or have an idea why it is so?

Did i have to delete cache or something. What about the other users. Did you have the same? E.g one EA. Run backtest directly after download new tickdata is going fast. Next time same settings same ea it go slow. More times i test slower it will be..

So someone have same and have some tricks?

Hi, I am trying to figure out what it is. I think its up to EA only. Because EAtest with blank code runs extremly fast.

no i dont think its from ea. cause when i download first time tick data ea makes fast backtest. when i close mt4 and run a again backtest same settings same ea.. it go slow. so i dont know why...when it will ea code than backtest must be also slow at first.

tickdata export data and make fxt files..what about the hst files? are they created from the fxt files? 

did someone check if backtest is much faster on SSD?

Raphael Schwietering:
did someone check if backtest is much faster on SSD?
Not very big difference. 
The hardware that will make your tests run faster is CPU speed. 

Also EAs can be modified to run faster in backtest. Both by proper coding and also by "turn off" EA when it doesent need to calculate something. 

For example a MA 50 | MA 200 crossover EA. 
If the MA distances are wide don't run the whole EA code. 

olzonpon:
Not very big difference. 
The hardware that will make your tests run faster is CPU speed. 

Also EAs can be modified to run faster in backtest. Both by proper coding and also by "turn off" EA when it doesent need to calculate something. 

For example a MA 50 | MA 200 crossover EA. 
If the MA distances are wide don't run the whole EA code. 

yes but when i have an ea and the ea runs one time fast. i noticed it runs fast when i download new fresh tickstory data..ok than ea code cannot be. i run the ea again same settings alle same only restart mt4 ea runs slow..so it cannot be code.

Raphael Schwietering:

yes but when i have an ea and the ea runs one time fast. i noticed it runs fast when i download new fresh tickstory data..ok than ea code cannot be. i run the ea again same settings alle same only restart mt4 ea runs slow..so it cannot be code.

Do you have the same issue on other EAs? 
Reason: