OPEN TRADE

Hello sirs.  I want to know if can I open trade with an EA based on the alert message on the chart?  If alert message "buy"then open buy position.  ..?

Marius Ovidiu Sunzuiana:
Hello sirs.  I want to know if can I open trade with an EA based on the alert message on the chart?  If alert message "buy"then open buy position.  ..?

Just curious... what generated the "buy" alert? 

Seng Joo Thio:

Just curious... what generated the "buy" alert? 

The indicator

An indicator which is ex file I do nof have source code and generates buy alerts. So any suggestion? Can I open a trade based on that string alert ?

Marius Ovidiu Sunzuiana:
An indicator which is ex file I do nof have source code and generates buy alerts. So any suggestion? Can I open a trade based on that string alert ?

If it's an indicator you can try using iCustom()...

Seng Joo Thio:

If it's an indicator you can try using iCustom()...

Yes ICustom() but it returns an integer not alert string 

And I don t know how to use trade open when indicator gives alert string not a particular value if you understand what I mean

Marius Ovidiu Sunzuiana:
And I don t know how to use trade open when indicator gives alert string not a particular value if you understand what I mean

Would be useful if you could show some screenshots with the alerts, including the chart the indicator runs on - basically if the indicator draws something at the same time as the alerts, then iCustom will help... and in which case you can show your codes that make iCustom() calls, and we'll see if there's anything wrong or what else can be attempted.

Seng Joo Thio:

Would be useful if you could show some screenshots with the alerts, including the chart the indicator runs on - basically if the indicator draws something at the same time as the alerts, then iCustom will help... and in which case you can show your codes that make iCustom() calls, and we'll see if there's anything wrong or what else can be attempted.

Indicator is not mql file it is only compiled version. I will put later some screenshots. Yes iCustom calls the indicator but the EA must know the alert message buy or sell and this shall be the main issue. Maybe to use some chart functioms to search at every tick after a string ?

Marius Ovidiu Sunzuiana: I want to know if can I open trade with an EA based on the alert message on the chart?  If alert message "buy"then open buy position.  ..?
  1. You can't see the alerts.
  2. You must figure out what buffer(s) and buffer value(s) trigger the alert and use them in your iCustom call(s).
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum

William Roeder:
  1. You can't see the alerts.
  2. You must figure out what buffer(s) and buffer value(s) trigger the alert and use them in your iCustom call(s).
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum

Thank you but I do not have source code to see buffers set so in these conditions it s not possible only to use alert messages 

Reason: