TD Ameritrade “hedging” vs MetaTrader

Got a question that I’m hoping someone on here can help me with. Say I start with a GBPUSD buy order, the trade goes south and I want to hedge by placing another buy order. When using TD Ameritrade (in particular, it’s ThinkorSwim mobile app) it seems to use a weighted average calculation to execute the 2nd buy order so that there’s still just one position entry level. So for example, say I bought .1 lots of GBPUSD at 1.25, it starts falling and I place another buy stop order for .2 lots this time at 1.2475. Upon evecution of my order, instead of now having .3 long lots at 1.2475, it sets my entry level at more like 1.2485 even though the currency is now down to 1.2475. This to me looks very much like a weighted average calculation because I’m playing around with it I’ve realized that the bigger the second entry order is (I.e. if my second buy order were for 1.2 lots vs. 0.2 lots) the closer it will place me to the current asking price for the currency.

Why doesn’t metatrader do this? Can the settings be changed somehow so that it does do this?
Reason: