Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid

On October 02, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system, Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809). This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect traders' information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to connect to traders' accounts or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809), all trading account passwords stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for this release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Also, due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809).

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

According to a German article of the Spiegel will M$ postpone the update due to the heavy problems some users has had.

Verschwundene Dateien: Microsoft stoppt vorerst Windows-10-Update - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Netzwelt
Verschwundene Dateien: Microsoft stoppt vorerst Windows-10-Update - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Netzwelt
  • SPIEGEL ONLINE, Hamburg, Germany
  • www.spiegel.de
"Durch die Veröffentlichung von Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Version 1809, bricht eine neue Ära der persönlichen Produktivität an", schreibt Microsoft auf seiner Hilfeseite für Windows-Nutzer. Zunächst einmal ist diese Ära allerdings von extrem kurzer Dauer. Vier Tage nach der Veröffentlichung zog Microsoft das Update vorerst zurück, nachdem...

I was unlucky enough to download this October Windows update before MS pulled it.

It would not allow me to sign back into the computer after the download and I was left with a black screen and the cursor! Long story short, I had to do a factory restore and then re-install all of my programs that were lost. That's 6 hours of my life that I won't be getting back, thanks very much MS!!

Although I have MT4 up and running, MLQ5 thinks that I have exhausted my allowed downloads for purchased/rented Indicators. Can somebody please reset my download allowance??

johnmccg06:

Although I have MT4 up and running, MLQ5 thinks that I have exhausted my allowed downloads for purchased/rented Indicators. Can somebody please reset my download allowance??

In this case, you have to contact the Service Desk.

Maybe they compensate the activations you lost because of the Windows Update.

Lucky me, I'm not using Windows..thanks for your information about this update.

Hi, I do not know what to say but I’m getting disappointed in how activations work.
Windows 10 updates quite often and losing activations does not make sense.

For example, in the past month I bought 2 indicators. Both comes with 5 activations. I use two computers.
I installed them both on both my computers. Thereafter cones the Windows update.
Then you are left with only 1 activation?!
How is this reasonable..?
In a month, only on 2 computers, 1 activation left then.

I really think activations and Windows updates should be reconsidered because this current activation system is not helping the customer.

Peter:
Hi, I do not know what to say but I’m getting disappointed in how activations work.
Windows 10 updates quite often and losing activations does not make sense.

For example, in the past month I bought 2 indicators. Both comes with 5 activations. I use two computers.
I installed them both on both my computers. Thereafter cones the Windows update.
Then you are left with only 1 activation?!
How is this reasonable..?
In a month, only on 2 computers, 1 activation left then.

I really think activations and Windows updates should be reconsidered because this current activation system is not helping the customer.
And altough it is said that you will not loose activations, in reality you do. I did, this is a fact that I can prove. I still need to re-install so many of my indicators but what is the use when I just loose more activations...

هل لديكم شرح مفصل عربي

ابو الخير:
Do you have a detailed explanation of Arabic

This is an English language forum.

Please only post in English.

Use the site's translation tool if necessary.

Peter:
And altough it is said that you will not loose activations, in reality you do. I did, this is a fact that I can prove. I still need to re-install so many of my indicators but what is the use when I just loose more activations...
Hello, wanna ask, so is this problem still exist?
Reason: