Windows Oct.-Update next week - gonna be fun!

next week there will be the Win 10 update, but it is already available and there are first testimonials, taken from here https://winfuture.de/news,105358.html (German):

.. files disappeared after the installation of the October update. This is about the document folders (C:\Users\Public\Documents and C:\Users\<User>Documents), according to one user all files stored there disappeared.
    various user folders have been moved to a secondary drive because the paths in the settings have been changed.
    lost the entire user profile.
    Task scheduling tasks were reset to default settings, history was deleted and disabled.
    All past events in the event log have been deleted.
    System Restore was turned off and the restore points were removed.
    Windows Update does not show any updates performed during the update history, except for the most recent update to version 1809.
    Freeze on restart
    Other problems:
        Error 0xC1900101: Indicates driver problems.
        Error 0x80070070: Possibly related to memory problems.
        Windows Update is stuck at a certain percentage. This can have all possible causes.
        Task Manager does not display the correct CPU activity/utilization.

It seems to be a very special throw! So make sure to create a backup!

Possibly there are also problems again with the bought and rented programs and signals!

I wish all Windows 10 users an entertaining ride through the ghost train of the October update: It will come next week and nobody can stop it - like a tsunami!
WinFuture.de - Die ganze Welt der IT
WinFuture.de - Die ganze Welt der IT
  • winfuture.de
Aktuelle Nachrichten aus den Bereichen Software, Hardware, Spiele, Internet und Wirtschaft. Neues über Windows, Office und weitere Microsoft Produkte.

Carl Schreiber:
next week there will be the Win 10 update, but it is already available and there are first testimonials, taken from here https://winfuture.de/news,105358.html (German):

.. files disappeared after the installation of the October update. This is about the document folders (C:\Users\Public\Documents and C:\Users\<User>Documents), according to one user all files stored there disappeared.
    various user folders have been moved to a secondary drive because the paths in the settings have been changed.
    lost the entire user profile.
    Task scheduling tasks were reset to default settings, history was deleted and disabled.
    All past events in the event log have been deleted.
    System Restore was turned off and the restore points were removed.
    Windows Update does not show any updates performed during the update history, except for the most recent update to version 1809.
    Freeze on restart
    Other problems:
        Error 0xC1900101: Indicates driver problems.
        Error 0x80070070: Possibly related to memory problems.
        Windows Update is stuck at a certain percentage. This can have all possible causes.
        Task Manager does not display the correct CPU activity/utilization.

It seems to be a very special throw! So make sure to create a backup!

Possibly there are also problems again with the bought and rented programs and signals!

I wish all Windows 10 users an entertaining ride through the ghost train of the October update: It will come next week and nobody can stop it - like a tsunami!

... and mt5 terminal is resetted after the update.

I'm actually enjoying the windows subsystem for linux, it's an older new-feature, but I just discovered it.

Here are some horror stories in English:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9l128k/warning_1809_upgrade_misplaceddeleted_files_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9l2v3z/windows_1809_update_wiped_my_documents/

r/Windows10 - WARNING: 1809 upgrade misplaced/deleted files in C:\Users\Public && C:\Users\
  • www.reddit.com
This is a public service anouncement. I would advise you postpone the upgrade untill this issue has been resolved. Let's start from the beginning... Yesterday evening I was checking Windows Update to see if 1809 was available. It wasn't. So being the tech savy and impatient person I am I decided to use the upgrade assistant instead. I...
Reason: