Development Tradyng System - Microsoft dot net - C++- or other language- MT4 manager API

Hi,

i want develop a tradyng system. I'm a programmer.

I think to use Microsoft dot net e i ask if there are some API to connect to metatrader?

I've seen MT4 manager API, a C++ dll. Is possible use it? is free or must pay?

There are some other API.

My goal is connect my software developed in Microsoft dot net to metatrader.

Thanks very much.

kappak: i want develop a tradyng system. I'm a programmer.

I think to use Microsoft dot net e i ask if there are some API to connect to metatrader?

I've seen MT4 manager API, a C++ dll. Is possible use it , is free or must pay.

There are some other API.

My goal is connect my software developed in Microsoft dot net to metatrader.

First, let me ask you this - Why?

Why do you have to use a API and dotnet language?

Why can you not just code the trading system in the native MQL?

I too am a programmer and software develop, mostly in Microsoft environments, in C, C++, C# and I can tell you that it is far more efficient to just code the trading system in MQL instead of using an API.

Unless absolutely necessary due to some special needs of the strategy, using an API is just going to add too much complexity and latency.

So, consider learning MQL and coding your system natively instead of via an API. MQL is similar to C and C++, so you should not find it too difficult.

ok, i'll do it.

But, for curiosity, there are some api in dot net or c++?

thanks.

kappak: ok, i'll do it. But, for curiosity, there are some api in dot net or c++?
There were a few 3rd party APIs for MetaTrader v4 but they are somewhat outdated and lack quality. I don't know of any for MetaTrader v5.

The only one (you'll never know) that I have copied once is:

http://mtapi4.net/
https://github.com/vdemydiuk/mtapi

Home
  • mtapi4.net
MtApi provides an .NET API interface which allows users applications interact with MetaQuotes terminals: MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. MtApi library is dynamically linked to user computer system, allowing it to communicate directly with terminal. It’s very easy to use. Using the MtApi you have the ability to develop custom, automated forex...

thanks!!!

kappak: thanks!!!

Please note, that should you use such API's there will be certain functionality that you will not be able to do:

• You will not be able to use the MetaTrader v5 Strategy Tester via the Cloud Agents, only via local testing.
  • You will not be able to use MQL5 VPS service for your EA, only on 3rd party VPS services.
  • You will not be able to sell your EA in the MQL5 Market.

ok, thanks, i'll follow your advice. I think i'll learn mql and develop in native code, though i wold like to develop something in dotnet.
Reason: