Question to MetaQuotes - multicurrency OnTick event

Dear MetaQuotes

I would like to ask if you could suggest any method of checking if new tick has arrived on multiple symbols other that this one -> https://www.mql5.com/en/code/209. The method presented under this link is reasonable, but it still can cause some difficulties. Or maybe you consider an implementation of any new idea that would make this issue user-friendly? Checking if new tick arrived is obviously a basic functionality for multi-currency EAs.

Multicurrency OnTickMarketWatch tick event handler
  • votes: 7
  • Konstantin Gruzdev | English Russian Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The OnTick event handler is designed to proceed the ticks for a certain symbol. This is the version of Multicurrency tick event handler.

Enigma71fx:

Dear MetaQuotes

I would like to ask if you could suggest any method of checking if new tick has arrived on multiple symbols other that this one -> https://www.mql5.com/en/code/209. The method presented under this link is reasonable, but it still can cause some difficulties. Or maybe you consider an implementation of any new idea that would make this issue user-friendly? Checking if new tick arrived is obviously a basic functionality for multi-currency EAs.

I am refreshing the topic, as this probably didn't get any attention on Friday. Still, it is an important topic and I bet that plenty of people serious about developing EAs would like to know the answer.

Using OnChartEvent is very good idea. But you should understand that it isn't the one solution. You also can use OnTimer to periodically check for new tick for another symbols.

alexvd:
Using OnChartEvent is very good idea. But you should understand that it isn't the one solution. You also can use OnTimer to periodically check for new tick for another symbols.
But isn't it going to be time- and resource-consuming? E.g. when checking for new tick on 15 symbols every second.

In this case it might will.

Any solution has its own advantages and disadvantages, so every developer is looking for sensible balance between them.

Reason: