Experts: Automated Trading System "Сombo"

Automated Trading System "Сombo":

The ATS is based on the classical trend-following strategy and a double-layer neural network taught in to enter the market against the trend.

Author: Yury Reshetov

This sources Сombo.mq4 is old version with error!!!!!

Right version is Сombo_Right.mq4. Download http://codebase.mql4.com/ru/code/7917

All the optimization is completed, now I use it by live account, What is the number of pass?

Sorry,bad English...

tws0124:

What is the number of pass?

Try test for pass value of 1, 2, 3 and 4

What is best of the best, that use (right solution: pass = 4)

thanks a lot Reshetov,

very simple but very powerful, i have never think about this idea,

backtests seems ok, how about forward tests ?

sstef:

backtests seems ok, how about forward tests ?

Try independet without me. You all have for original forward and other tests: open source, tester, head and hands.

hi Reshetov

I am testing your code, it seems there are few questions:

1     when stage 2 begins, should the variable tp1, sl1 and p1 be set to the best value which is calculated in stage 1? or just set  tp1, sl1 and p1 to the default value?  the same question happens when stage 3 and 4 begins.

2     how long the data should be used for opitimization? I found that in your charts, the trades happenned about 130 times, which means you used about 2 or 3 months data to optimize, it that right? should the data be as long as possible?

3     when program is used for forward test, how to set the variable pass' value?

thanks.

astragalus:

hi Reshetov

1     when stage 2 begins, should the variable tp1, sl1 and p1 be set to the best value which is calculated in stage 1? or just set  tp1, sl1 and p1 to the default value?

Try guess independet :)

Start optimization with pass = 4 at onse,  value for *1, *2 and *3 set by default, then you save time and labour :)

Reshetov:
astragalus:

hi Reshetov

1     when stage 2 begins, should the variable tp1, sl1 and p1 be set to the best value which is calculated in stage 1? or just set  tp1, sl1 and p1 to the default value?

Start optimization with pass = 4 at onse,  value for *1, *2 and *3 set by default, then you save time and labour :)

thanks.

I just solved the question 1 and 3, but about question 2, I really wanna know your advise. would you please give me some tips? thanks again.

astragalus:
Reshetov:
astragalus:

hi Reshetov

thanks.

I just solved the question 1 and 3, but about question 2, I really wanna know your advise. would you please give me some tips? thanks again.

Read again of the guide: The EA given in the source codes is not optimized.

All inputs values of EA also not optimized by default (in the source code).

Other questions no comments. Read guide.

thanks anyway
Reason: