trading manually

Does anyone know if you can trade manually (or trade copy) on an MT4 account where you are also running an EA? Are the two things compatible?

riddell:
Does anyone know if you can trade manually (or trade copy) on an MT4 account where you are also running an EA? Are the two things compatible?
Yes they are. As long as you're sure of your trading style. But I ask what does it cost to divide your account into two - open a new account and make a transfer to it. That way,  you can independently adjudge your new performance.

Adeniyi Adedipe:
Yes they are. As long as you're sure of your trading style. But I ask what does it cost to divide your account into two - open a new account and make a transfer to it. That way,  you can independently adjudge your new performance.
I want to maximize my funds so that, for example, one EA is doing well whilst, perhaps, my copied signals are doing poorly. I'd actually  like to run about three things - one EA and two copied signals, say each system with about a 15% max DD historically and about a 5% return per month - that's the idea.

riddell: Are the two things compatible?

If the EA is coded to look at the its own trades (magic number) and ignore other orders.

Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
          Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

whroeder1:

If the EA is coded to look at the its own trades (magic number) and ignore other orders.

thanks, I know practically nothing about the technical side of this, but you're saying it will work to have an EA on an account and other trades, provided the EA is coded to only look at its own trades and to ignore other trades? f

a) Is that correct?

b) Is it easy to construct an EA like that?

c) Do you know if most EAs are coded to ignore other trades on the same account?

thanks

Reason: