Freeze level modification

Hello,

I have a question related to MQL5. I know the meaning of FREEZE level, however I'm a bit confused.

Let's suppose, that we have an open position with a volume 0.1 lot. The freeze level specified by the broker is 5 points (theorically). Because the current price is very close to the SL (for example, 1 point), then I know, that modifiying the SL/TP is not possible, as well as closing it.

My question is, that the documentation only mentions these that are not possible to change when the position is freezed (Stop-Loss, Take Profit, and closing).

Does this mean, that increasing the volume on a freezed position is still allowed?

EXAMPLE

I have an open LONG poisition with a volume 0.1 lot, which is freezed (yet).

If it wouldn't be freezed, sending an another order, (which is compatible with the existing BUY position), would just simply increase the volume from 0.1 to 0.2.

Is this also applicable when the position is freezed? Or is this also forbidden?

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Varga

bvarga128:

Hello,

I have a question related to MQL5. I know the meaning of FREEZE level, however I'm a bit confused.

Let's suppose, that we have an open position with a volume 0.1 lot. The freeze level specified by the broker is 5 points (theorically). Because the current price is very close to the SL (for example, 1 point), then I know, that modifiying the SL/TP is not possible, as well as closing it.

My question is, that the documentation only mentions these that are not possible to change when the position is freezed (Stop-Loss, Take Profit, and closing).

Does this mean, that increasing the volume on a freezed position is still allowed?

EXAMPLE

If it wouldn't be freezed, sending an another order, (which is compatible with the existing BUY position), would just simply increase the volume from 0.1 to 0.2.

Is this also applicable when the position is freezed? Or is this also forbidden?

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Varga

Hi, it's a good question. Though, given the lack of documentation on this subject, it's difficult to say without experimenting it. I suppose that it's also forbidden.

bvarga128:

Hello,

EXAMPLE

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Varga

According to my experience from stock exchanges and futures markets, when a symbol is frozen the trade server simply doesn't accept any new order, no matter the type. A frozen symbol means all orders sent to the trade server will be rejected. I don't know how it works in Forex, but that's how it usually works in exchanges.
A good discussion anyway.

Thank you, Malacarne!

B.

bvarga128:

Thank you, Malacarne!

B.

De rien!
Reason: