How to get Excel file

Can some one please tell me how to get an Excel spreadsheet with the H/L/O/C from the Meta program.

I have it but I don't remember how I got it.

Helpfule for plotting breakouts for the upcomming day.

Goldstock

Hey goldstock, long time no see.

Exporting to CSV/Excel file is in Tools menu > History Center. From that, you can see the "Export" button. Make sure you select the pair and timeframe you want to export first.

The history center allows you to import price data as well. That's when you want to import years of 1-minute data into metatrader to backtest more accurately.

Thank you

Hi,

I am a newbie on the FX market and my broker offers the widely popular Meta Trader platform. Now I have come to understand that building your own strategies is the preferred way to go - as opposed to using Expert Advisers created by someone else. However learning MQL4 (Meta Trader 4 programming language) from scratch is not exactly my cup of tea. There are add-in solutions for Meta Trader 4 that allow the trader to use excel (I feel more comfy in Excel) to build strategies.

I wonder however whether an excel based solution for building strategies is as effective?

hi dude,

It is not so typical to get spreadsheet as you are thinking....just need to be awared in this technical world with lastest software metatrader 4 and you can do Forex trading while using Excel via MT4. as you are able to create different strategies regarding your trade.

cheers,

harry

To have Excel be a part of your trading:

1) You can use commercial solution like FxDialogue which do almost all things you need.

2) You can access MT in excel using DDE.

3) If you would like more complex way to interact with Excel you must create pure C++ library which is accessible from MT and can use COM API required to communicate with Excel.

getting excels in to usage with the use of meta trader 4 is not that difficult as ti seems only thing that you require is to learn some basic that will help you attain command over stratezing using the excels via meta trader 4

with regards

richies james

meta trader 4 offers a lot of tools to get and work with excels. you can simply create charts with excels via meta trader 4. moreover you don't have to be concerned about the knowledge of meta quote language.

regards

mark William

As a newbie, it is really helpful to find that there are available software that integrates the use of the excel software in forex trading. Newcomers in forex trading can easily build there own forex trading strategies if they are able to use familiar software instead of having to solely depend on and learn the harder and more confusing programming language used in meta trader.

You can get a free MT4 indicator to export live streaming data to .csv files at Connect to MT4 RT Data

goldstock:
Can some one please tell me how to get an Excel spreadsheet with the H/L/O/C from the Meta program. I have it but I don't remember how I got it. Helpfule for plotting breakouts for the upcomming day. Goldstock

thewebdncr:
You can get a free MT4 indicator to export live streaming data to .csv files at Connect to MT4 RT Data

I am not sure of what you really looking for. But I think this might help. Go to www.mt4appstore.com, look for Mexcel Trader. It is an excel formula which can be used fro forex trading. Good luck.

Reason: