Add alert + email + place tardes Zigzig indicator

Hi My friends,

I hope you are doing well!

I'm looking to add an alert and email notification when arrows produced by the indicator. I tried with Alert("Indicator set"); with no succus

I want also to place automatic trades :

When Green arrows place a buy order and take profit at value of red arrows

When Red arrows place a sell order and take profit at value of green arrows

your help will be so much appreciated.

Many thanks

rg1983:
Hi My friends,

I hope you are doing well!

I'm looking to add an alert and email notification when arrows produced by the indicator. I tried with Alert("Indicator set"); with no succus

I want also to place automatic trades :

When Green arrows place a buy order and take profit at value of red arrows

When Red arrows place a sell order and take profit at value of green arrows

your help will be so much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Rg1983, zig zag indicator since it repaints it's not advisable to use it as an alert and especially in an EA. It produces a bunch of false signals.

Thanks for your reply! But it seems that this one is not repainting, it indicates only the turning point and that's great . Is it possible to add alerts and place orders basing on these turning points. Many many thanks for your help

rg1983:
Thanks for your reply! But it seems that this one is not repainting, it indicates only the turning point and that's great . Is it possible to add alerts and place orders basing on these turning points. Many many thanks for your help

rg1983

It has slightly different values from the classical zigzag, but in cases when new highest high and lowest low are formed it works exactly the same as the classical zigzag (changes the signal all the time).

Here is an example - before :

And now :

So, be careful how you use that indicator. As any zigzag, it can be good, but if you use it for signals it can wipe your account clean in no time at all

Files:
signals_1.png  117 kb
signals_2.png  117 kb

Thanks mladen for your reply ! I have tested this indicator and it seems work perfectely , the problem is that I'm not always in front of my PC all the time , so I miss some false move!

That's why i need an automatic alert in order to confirm the efficacity of this indicator.

Thanks again !

mladen:
Here is an example - before :

And now :

So, be careful how you use that indicator. As any zigzag, it can be good, but if you use it for signals it can wipe your account clean in no time at all

Great ! I use always H1 timeframe it is more reliable . what is the TF you are testing with these charts? thanks

rg1983:
Great ! I use always H1 timeframe it is more reliable . what is the TF you are testing with these charts? thanks

rg1983

I believe that there is a misunderstanding

I posted 2 pictures that are showing an example of repainting. That is what mrtools already told in his post. And it does not depend on time frame : the repainting will take place in any time frame

mladen:

rg1983

I believe that there is a misunderstanding

I posted 2 pictures that are showing an example of repainting. That is what mrtools already told in his post. And it does not depend on time frame : the repainting will take place in any time frame

Yes understand your concern ! thank you I understand what it is repainting , and thanks for the examples.

Have you tested the indicator I have attached in my first post ?

I simply want to add an alert to this indicator is it possible ?

rg1983:
I simply want to add an alert to this indicator is it possible ?

rg1983

You can take any zigzag indicator with alerts and use it instead

Quite frankly I do not want to code alerts on indicators that are repainting - too much explaining after why I did it

regards

Reason: