[help] how to get the object value on a different chart

Hi,

I need your help please,

is there any possible way to accessing and get the object value in a separate chart then insert the value into each chart ?

let say we have 2 chart opened, and I would like to get the object value with a same name (e.g: 12H) and paste them into each chart opened

example:

On the same subject, has Drag and Drop been implemented in the new MT4? I have a multi-symbol list that is constantly being sorted and I would like to drag and drop a symbol name from this list onto another chart to change the chart to the new symbol, either in the current instance of Terminal or onto a different instance of Terminal. I know that I can drag and drop a symbol from one instance's Market Watch onto a chart in a second terminal workspace and it correctly changes to the new symbol so I believe string drops are implemented. So the only thing is to properly initiate the string pickup and drag.

Your code above, extended to locate where the object is located would work as the structure for setting the chart symbol if it were possible to use ChartSetString which it is not.

Thanks for any suggestions

Tzuman

indralukmana8:
Hi,

I need your help please,

is there any possible way to accessing and get the object value in a separate chart then insert the value into each chart ?

let say we have 2 chart opened, and I would like to get the object value with a same name (e.g: 12H) and paste them into each chart opened

example:

Try something like this :

long currChart = ChartFirst();

while (currChart>-1)

{

long prevChart = currChart;

if (ObjectGetString(currChart,"test object",OBJPROP_NAME)=="test object")

{

double price1 = ObjectGetDouble(currChart,"test object",OBJPROP_PRICE1);

//

//

// do some proccessing here

//

//

}

currChart = ChartNext(prevChart);

}

PS: it will work only in new metatrader 4

Tzuman:
On the same subject, has Drag and Drop been implemented in the new MT4? I have a multi-symbol list that is constantly being sorted and I would like to drag and drop a symbol name from this list onto another chart to change the chart to the new symbol, either in the current instance of Terminal or onto a different instance of Terminal. I know that I can drag and drop a symbol from one instance's Market Watch onto a chart in a second terminal workspace and it correctly changes to the new symbol so I believe string drops are implemented. So the only thing is to properly initiate the string pickup and drag.

Your code above, extended to locate where the object is located would work as the structure for setting the chart symbol if it were possible to use ChartSetString which it is not.

Thanks for any suggestions

Tzuman

Not sure if I understood

What I have tried is to drag one object from one window to another - and metatrader does not allow it

Reason: