MT4 or MT5 Platform

Between MT4 and MT5 Platform, which is the best ?

ochuko:

I think MT4 is the best platform when we think about the user preference, user friendliness and popularity.

ochuko:

MT4 is by far the best, MT5 has issues plus restricted trading but look on the bright side MetaQuotes will soon have MT4 as buggy and bad as MT5 so your choice will be a lot easier, you will be able to choose between bad and really bad.

MT4 is better. That is why everyone still uses it even though MT5 has been around a while. It just hasn't really taken off. I heard it is better for back testing but I never had any problems with MT4

cja:
MT4 is by far the best, MT5 has issues plus restricted trading but look on the bright side MetaQuotes will soon have MT4 as buggy and bad as MT5 so your choice will be a lot easier, you will be able to choose between bad and really bad.

Shhhhhhh

We can not tell that metatrader 5 is buggy and bad. The "gods" will get angry and then they will decide that everything must be as "perfect" as metatrader 5, and then we are s..d. For a moment there is still a hope (yep, it is the hope that always dies the last) that at least we are going to have metatrader 4 kind of a thing. So let's hope a bit And when all goes to hell, we can kiss them goodby and tell them "thanks, but no thanks"

ochuko:

No doubt MT4 is the best platform, in terms of stability, user friendliness, tons of availability custom scripts, indicators & expert advisers but soon that's going to be change, a big change made by Metaquotes.

For MT5, since it launched 2 years ago right until now still lack of features that MT4 got plus many unsettle problems within the platform.

matfx:
No doubt MT4 is the best platform, in terms of stability, user friendliness, tons of availability custom scripts, indicators & expert advisers but soon that's going to be change, a big change made by Metaquotes. For MT5, since it launched 2 years ago right until now still lack of features that MT4 got plus many unsettle problems within the platform.

Just one correction : first version of metatrader 5 was in 2008. And after 5 years it is still so buggy that recently one friend of mine have told me that he is going crazy because of it (and I can understand him). If we are to wait 5 years to have a new metatrader 4 as buggy as metatrader 5 than it will be a complete waste of time

It is 5 years already? Man, not a good outlook

techmac:
It is 5 years already? Man, not a good outlook

Yes, it is 5 years.

I remember when we were told that we are going to get a much better trading platform ("20 times faster code execution" for example) and now we all can see what was the result of all that. And it all started very similar to what is going on right now with the "new" metatrader 4

mladen:
Yes, it is 5 years. I remember when we were told that we are going to get a much better trading platform ("20 times faster code execution" for example) and now we all can see what was the result of all that. And it all started very similar to what is going on right now with the "new" metatrader 4

That is my point exactly too. Waiting another 5 years is out of the question

Hi, I just love MT5, and it's the only way to properly backtest a multi-currency based system! So I use MT5 for developing and MT4 for real trading.

Reason: