Iwillsurvive's Trading system - page 3

nope just eur usd 1h.

but it got hit quite badly when the recent sideways movement came.

iwillsurvive:
nope just eur usd 1h. but it got hit quite badly when the recent sideways movement came.

That's the problem with trading systems, they usually either cater for ranging or trending movements.

fxvoilaaa:
That's the problem with trading systems, they usually either cater for ranging or trending movements.

I've just thought of a solution to this.

We currently have 2 types of exits:

Trending exit - Take profit at the opposing signal

Sideways movement exit - Take profit at a fixed level (40pips for me)

The problem is we do not know when the market is going to trend or move sideways correct?

But we know that when the market starts to trend, it will trend for a for few big moves before it goes sideways.

Similarly, the market will move sideways for a few times before it changes to trending mode.

The solution - Let's say we are in trending mode, and suddenly our trade gets stopped out very quickly at breakeven from a decent profit. This means that the market is moving sideways. We switch our exit to sideways mode (take profit at 40pips). We do this until the market starts to trend again, following which we exit using trending mode (take profit at opposing signal)

By the way, could someone please convert this 2 indicators to 4 digit broker ones?

Files:

Simple Tweaking = Extraordinary Results!

Hey guys I have been backtesting this and have a few small tweakings that make this very profitable. Average of 50 pips a day on the EUR/USD using this system on the 1 hr if you do the following: Open a position when you have 3 of the 4 bars matching up and exiting when 3 of the 4 are giving an opposite signal. Also, I have placed a 50 pip stop loss when I initially open the order and place a B/E +1 once you are in the money 50 pips. Over 1000 pips in April so far using this. Other currencies look very promising also such as the AUD/JPY and AUD/USD and EUR/JPY to name a few. I will continue the tests to see what I come up with.

tweeks

Thx I WILL SURVIVE looks a good model(system)

Regards

Template for 5 digits Brokers

Here is a template for a 5 digits brokers.

Barry

the backtesting is not true

fineguywhosnice:
Hey guys I have been backtesting this and have a few small tweakings that make this very profitable. Average of 50 pips a day on the EUR/USD using this system on the 1 hr if you do the following: Open a position when you have 3 of the 4 bars matching up and exiting when 3 of the 4 are giving an opposite signal. Also, I have placed a 50 pip stop loss when I initially open the order and place a B/E +1 once you are in the money 50 pips. Over 1000 pips in April so far using this. Other currencies look very promising also such as the AUD/JPY and AUD/USD and EUR/JPY to name a few. I will continue the tests to see what I come up with.

The backtesting of this system is not true because at least one indicator from this system is repainting.. We have to do forward testing only..

Reason: