EA will not open trades: EMA 10 -50 cross w/ RSI

Hi all,

I have been lurking the forums for sometime and trading forex for a year or two manually. I decided to dive in to automated strategies to take some emotion out of my trading. I have looked through years of chart data and believe to have a simple winner. The EA is based on the 10 EMA crossing above the 50 EMA when the RSI is >= 65 and closing when the 10 EMA crosses below the 15 EMA or when the 10 EMA crosses below the 50 EMA and when the RSI is <= 35 and closing when the 10 EMA crosses above the 15 EMA. Wrote the code using an EA builder but it wont place trades. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Files:
emarsiea.mq4  11 kb

Had a little time on my hands this evening so I decided to code it for you manually, unfortunately it doesn't work well on backtests. :-(

You might notice I have takeProfitPips and stopLossPips in my variables, if you don't want to use those, simply set them to 0 and the EA will close the trade only when your conditions are met.

Cheers!

Files:
ktlamb84.mq4  4 kb

backtest

Well, in my opinion backtests have never been valid. I am looking forward to forward testing it and i will post my results with everyone.

KT

I uploaded the file to a file hosting site so that you can download it and test it out.

Can the mods please remove/delete this link after the attachment has been approved?

Cheers!

Reason: