How Brokers know, EA or Manual order

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows how a broker knows whether an order was placed by an EA or Manual entry? Is it when we use Comments in the OrderSend command from the EA?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows how a broker knows whether an order was placed by an EA or Manual entry? Is it when we use Comments in the OrderSend command from the EA? Thanks

IIRC you can also enter a comment from a manually placed order.

I assume that the message sent to the server from either an EA or from the user interface contains a flag to indicate the message source, otherwise brokers would not be able to disable EA trading

should be easy enough to find out (and even potentially change) if you really needed to, I know there's a few members here used packet sniffers to look at data in detail, IIRC the data stream is encrypted, you'd hope so !

zupcon:
IIRC you can also enter a comment from a manually placed order.

I assume that the message sent to the server from either an EA or from the user interface contains a flag to indicate the message source, otherwise brokers would not be able to disable EA trading

should be easy enough to find out (and even potentially change) if you really needed to, I know there's a few members here used packet sniffers to look at data in detail, IIRC the data stream is encrypted, you'd hope so !

Looks like your PM box is full

I would be interested to know how to do this. Can you point me in the right direction or provide some instructions.

Thanks man

Reason: