Pivot Points (like a Dots) - page 2

cja:

Oh okay,now i know..Have to change Magic Number,example Pivot 12345 so if i want to have Fib line,so i add 1 more MTF Pivot then change magic number tu 123456...Am i right Mr Cja?

Manual Magic numbers

darkkiller:
Oh okay,now i know..Have to change Magic Number,example Pivot 12345 so if i want to have Fib line,so i add 1 more MTF Pivot then change magic number tu 123456...Am i right Mr Cja?

Yes you are correct the Magic number can be anything as long as they are not the same.

The default is 12345, then you could use for example 11 / 2 / 234 / 666 / 6789 / 5555 / 12345678910 and so on you can have as little as 1 number or as many numbers as you like. I often use a sequence such as 123 / 234 / 345 / 456 / 567 etc so i can keep track of the numbers.

Also Take NOTE; To place the FIBS on the chart you must set the PIVOTS to false.

Good Luck cja

cja:
MTF PIVOTS v1 & MTF FIB PIVOTS

Updates to the original MTF PIVOTS indicator on post #9

The were some issues with the auto magic number when saving to templates so i have recoded the MTF PIVOT indicator to have a manual number & also made another indicator which has the MTF PIVOTs and a MTF FIB option.

cja

Thank you for the update cja.

Cheers mate...

Very nice cja... im looking for simple Metatrader pivot points indicator that support multi timeframe and use arrow code like _amb_PivotsPoints.mq4 made by saadei. The arrow mark looks more cleaner than the line mark. Option to add price label will be nice.

(sorry, my english is not so good. hope you understand what i mean)

mtf PIVOTS

mtf pivots is the best indicator I have ever found. i looked for 2.5 months for something like this.

Any chance to have pivot candles ?

cja:
Try this indicator - this Pivot indicator covers the M1 to Monthly range but not Yearly

mtf_pivots.ex4

04/05/2008

Update to MTF PIVOTS v1 & added a manual magic number to resolve saving to template issues, also recoded indicator to have MTF FIB option as requested by darkkiller.

mtf_pivots_v1.ex4

mtf_fib_pivots.ex4

CJA - Is it possible you could offer the MQ4 file for the MTF Pivots V1 indicator? Or otherwise, could you make changes on request and repost? What I'd like is to move the pivot displays to the right of the chart shift setting a little bit, and also make the price display text optional. I'm looking for a pivot indicator, but I also like to keep my charts as clean as possible, esp the area where the price bars form.

Hope you can help

Pivot Dots Indicator

Adding to the above post of mine, in my opinion your pivot_dots indicator is ideal displaywise, however, it doesn't look like the pivot level calculations are correct, since they differ with most other pivot indicators. Could this be corrected at all?

UpDates

achven:
Adding to the above post of mine, in my opinion your pivot_dots indicator is ideal displaywise, however, it doesn't look like the pivot level calculations are correct, since they differ with most other pivot indicators. Could this be corrected at all?

Updated indicator on post #4

Pivot Dots

Hello.

I have used by some time the VTtrader due to the facility that it has for people with little knowledge on programming, as it is my case. But because that platform is much very slow, at the moment I am migrating my chart configurations towards the MT4, that of step is saying, seems to me an excellent platform, unless it demands much period of learning for people like me to be able to program it.

In the forum "Visual Trading Systems ", I requested help to program pivot points like DOTS, sights single in the right side of the charts. The only object of this indicator is to let the space of the prices to be able free to use it with other indicators. With the excellent help there from Chris, we obtain the following indicator:

The 1st indicator i posted i have deleted and changed the code, i have added a GMT shift and a colored line to show the start time. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need anything altered let me know.

Now that we are online again i have found that the Dot distance needed to be altered, the distance alters slightly on the different timeframes, the distance SHIFT setting of 10 seems to work thru all the timeframes apart from M1 where 6 seems best you can always set up the timeframes separately if required. Still testing to see if the Dots move with the price and if the distance remains constant.

Dots did not move with the candles so the best i can do at this point is have the Dots move with the last candle of each timeframe.

cja

25/07/2009

Updated code and added text option, fixed GMT shift and the Arrows/Dots Labels can be shifted anywhere on the chart.

pivot_dots.mq4

Files:
pp.gif  33 kb
pivot_dots.gif  20 kb
pivot_dots.mq4  11 kb
Reason: