Need help to clarify my comparison statement

iLow(NULL,0,Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,0,1)) < iLow(NULL,0,Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,1,1))

I am trying to compare the lowest of the current bar lowest to the lowest of the bar that is 1 bar back. I am confused as to what goes after the MODE_LOW in the statement - Could you clarify please?? From somebodies example in the past they had after the MODE_LOW a 1,1. What does each of these numbers refer to? - Confused??

Thanks in advance!!

Dave

<<<

Try this and see if it is what you are looking for:

iLow(NULL,0,Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,1,1)) <

iLow(NULL,0,Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,1,0)) <-- this is the current bar

Thanks my forum friend for the quick response!

Dave

iscuba11:
[PHP]From somebodies example in the past they had after the MODE_LOW a 1,1. What does each of these numbers refer to? - Confused??

The second last argument tells the "period" of bars within which to find the bar of the lowest value (as selected by the third argument), and the last argument tells the bar index of the latest bar in that period.

Thus, "iLowest(...,MODE_LOW,1,1)" points at which bar within a period of 1 bar, ending at bar 1, has the lowest price (of that period).

And "iLowest(...,MODE_LOW,1,0)" points at which bar within a period of 1 bar, ending at bar 0, has the lowest price (of that period).

Obviously, using iLowest for a period of 1 bar is a bit of a waste. That is, "iLow(NULL,0,Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,1,1))" is exactly the same as "iLow(NULL,0,1)" except that it uses some few more cycles.

Also, as you know, "iLow(NULL,0,0)" is the *currently* lowest of the bar currently being developed, and this might change as the bar develops.

Reason: