Trading xxxyyy via zzz

I've attached an indicator, which makes trade suggestions on symbol xxxyyy

by involving a third currency zzz, and thus look at xxxzzz (or zzzxxx) and zzzyyy (or yyyzzz). You might have to reapply it a couple of times, since it doesn't wait for history loading, if that is needed.

Enjoy.

Files:
via.mq4  4 kb

How do you use this indicator? What time frame and how does it work?

Thanks

You drop it once on, say, GBPUSD, noting via=EUR, offset=0, and profit=10.

It will then want to refer to EURGBP and EURUSD, to work out a price as (1/EURGBP)*EURUSD; i.e. the price GBPUSD should have when considering the currencies via EUR.

If the histories are not loaded, the indicator won't show much, but it will trigger history loading, so if you remove it and drop it again, it shows something: the via price, and the trade suggestions.

It seems to work nicely on 1H, but I would guess it also depends on the broker.

The offset value lets you apply a bias to the calculation, if that's needed for some reason.

The profit is a least profit in pips asked for, for the trade suggestions.

A trade suggestion is valid at the open of a bar, by looking at the close of the prior bar in comparison to the "via price". The top side of the blue arrow, and the foot side of the red arrow is plotted at the suggested TP. Use a good SL.

Having played with this a while, I'd say that it might look fun, but it's probably totally useless for automated trading (or any trading).

Reason: