Please help me to corect TD sequential INDICATOR

hye everyone,

i used the TD SEQUENTIAL indicator who write number in label on the screen from the Tom Demark idea.

But i need to always change the timeframe to have the labels refresh.

This is very boring and an handicap for my trading.

If anyone have an idea !!!

Files:

Many thanks for your help

unfortunately i think it is not enough

i always have the refresh problem

it is working on your machine?

Hi,

I've made some small changes in the code.

Now you have NumBars as input value.

Files:

tibonz:
Many thanks for your help

unfortunately i think it is not enough

i always have the refresh problem

it is working on your machine?

I've uploaded fixed version in my previous post.

Hye,

i have downloaded your indicator version put it is not working with me, it seem to have some refreshing things but the numbers are not on the right candle and i always need to change the timeframe to have the correct display.

I hope i have give you enough information to be comprehensive.

Thank for your help

Hello

i wiant to thank you a lot because your a BOSS

now the indicator (version 1 updated) work perfectly

many many thk

hava e nice day

How to Cause/Avoid Repainting

I'm not a trained programmer but have learned a few things from trial and error and have been able to create simple indicators for myself, but there are still lots of basic things that I'm unclear on.

For example there are many indicators that repaint that you don't want to and others that you want to refresh but don't. How does one code to cause an indicator to automatically update or not to?

Does it have something to do with the for loop? Is there a material difference between code that goes "for(i=0;i0;i--)"? When does one use one and not the other?

The most common Tom DeMark Sequential indicator I have found (which by the way doesn't follow the rules exactly but is a starting point) does not update automatically. One needs to manually refresh the chart, by selecting different timeframes for example, before it will show the current count.

Could someone try modifying it so it does that and maybe we can analyze the code to get a better understanding of the process? Thank you.

Files:

Look at the post #2 of this thread for fixed version.

igorad:
Hi,

I've made some small changes in the code.

Now you have NumBars as input value.

Didnt want to start a new thread but can anyone shift the numbers above the bar. Right now the values lie on top of the candle and it gets in the way.

Thanks

i tried this indicator, some time it will gives good returns..make sure put a stop loss will be better

Hi to everyone,

I need help to create a new TD SEQUENTIAL in wich countdown start not only from candle number 9 of the setup but also from number 8.

It is necessary that numbers appear not only for sequential 9-13 but also for 8-13....

thank's in advance

Reason: