Is a chart Timer/Counter Possible in MT4?

Is it possable to make a Timer that counts how many hours...minutes...seconds are left untill the next bar is going to print; on any given time preiod? I've recently been studying Woodies CCi and it highly suggests to wait untill the last 20 secs of the current bar (when a Woodies CCi pattern has formed) before placing a trade. Only problem is, there's no way for me to even guess when the chart is going to move onto the next bar. I did some reading up on MQL4 and spent a solid 3 days trying to program something like this on my own without success.

My Main problem is trying to get the timer to update every second. I can get it to update whenever a new quote comes in like most indicators operate, but any other way just seems to cycles through the code non-stop and freezes up MT4 . I've also tried to search the forum and googling for a chart counter for MT4 and found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Hi try this one. Also Woodie posts a seperate free clock on his main web page that will do the job also.

hth

B

Files:
b-clock.mq4  2 kb

Awesome! Thanks for the timer, its not in realtime but thats okay because i can just refreash my chart and it will update the timer when I needed.

From KimIV

Files:
timer.rar  327 kb

cockeyedcowboy:
Heres a general purpose bar clock that can be attached to a chart, called from an expert or indercator files or just draged to a chart. Limitation is can't be used on charts higher then one hour.

Read the documentation at the end of the file on how to use it.

The CockeyedCowboy

edit[ added the zip file which contains all the files ]

I dragged it to the chart but it doesn't work?

The last clock posted here is written in a language I don't understand

camisa:
I dragged it to the chart but it doesn't work? The last clock posted here is written in a language I don't understand

Add this line to the top of the source file and compile it:

#property indicator_chart_window

Isn't there a better way I have to keep refreshing the charts which can get very distracting. I must be doing something wrong.

TheOne:
Isn't there a better way I have to keep refreshing the charts which can get very distracting. I must be doing something wrong.

The b-clock one in post #2 should update every tick.

Foreverold

From KimIV

Attached Files Timer.rar (326.6 KB, 76 views)

What .is that you have posted its a file that isn't recognised by MT$, also the other timer doesn't work

Files:
b-clock.mq4  2 kb

Thanks, Linuxser. It's nice to see the b-clock ticking, live and in color. I have it in yellow. You know kinda like rolex, seiko, etc., different brands, different prices, they tell the same thing - time. Hopefully, they're in synch.

Reason: