Ask! - page 127

JBear:
Can someone please tell me why is it that everytime I try to download an EA or indicator from this site the first thing I have to do is to sign in even though I am already signed in and then it gives me the file in HTML Code. Am I doing something wrong

Thanks in advance

JBear

I don't know what browser are you using. And assuming you have a default installation, not a tweaked one...

For Firefox and Opera (the best choice) you need to be logged in. Just be careful to check the "Remember me" option on the login process. See pictures.

For Explorer, if you're not logged in the browser will display the mql4 file as HTML within some posts. Not all posts will let you do that. This is often with old posts. Otherwise browser it will request the log process.

Any other problem is you browser config. For questions like this one please, next time post on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Icustom indicator

How would I write a iCustom input for an EA. The indicator name is CycleTarget.

Here are the variables of the indicator:

extern int PriceActionFilter=1;

extern int Length=3;

extern int MajorCycleStrength=4;

extern bool UseCycleFilter=false;

extern int UseFilterSMAorRSI=1;

extern int FilterStrengthSMA=12;

extern int FilterStrengthRSI=21;

a=iCustom(NULL,0,????????????,0,0); What do I use to fill in the ???

Confused??

Dave

Hi Linuxser

Thanks for your help

I will go to the other place that you have directed me

By the way I am using Explorer

Regards

JBear

Hi JBear,

Just remember to click on "Remember me" with every browser (Firefox, Opera, Explorer, Safari...) and do not higly restric cookies.

Questions on code

Hi

Hope I am in the right place this time

I am new to coding (Greener than Cabbage in fact) and I have begun to write my first EA. I have been using the old process of elimination and I actually got to complete something really simple last night (Made a Good Healthy Loss but hey it worked :~)) so I thought that I would try to tighten out the losses so to speak by adding some variables but then found that there are some variables that are not recognised when testing on the MT4 Platform so can someone please point me in the right direction

double Var1 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Var2 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 1, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Var3 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Var4 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.02, 0.2, Current + 0);

As you can see Var3 has the Current + 1 and I am trying to use this as a Close Signal but when testing this the MA will not show up on the MT4 Platform therefore my code will not Close

Do I need another testing program for this

Also Var4 I would like to show as an Acending and Decending Variable. Is this possible

Thanks in advance

JBear

how to add comments in MT4 terminal

hello guys,

can anyone show me the right direction on how to add comments in MT4 Terminal ( as per attached image)..

Files:

forexarchitect:
hello guys, can anyone show me the right direction on how to add comments in MT4 Terminal ( as per attached image)..

In red below an example of comment in the OrderSend() function.

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,Slippage,sl,tp,ExpertName + " - " + Period(),MagicNumber,0,Red);

Hope that helps.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
In red below an example of comment in the OrderSend() function.

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,Slippage,sl,tp,ExpertName + " - " + Period(),MagicNumber,0,Red);

Hope that helps.

FerruFx

Thanks FerruFx

I got error 'variable not define'.. what do I do wrong?

Where do I put the code in here.

Print("Buy \"", symbol, "\", ", _lot, ", ", _price, ", ", Slippage, ", ", _sl, ", ", _tp, ", ", magic, ", \"", comment, "\"");

int res = OrderSend(symbol, OP_BUY, lot, price, Slippage, sl, tp, comment, magic, 0, clBuy);

if (res >= 0) {

Sleep(SleepOk);

return (res);

:: something handy...

OrderSend - MQL4 Documentation

forexarchitect:
Thanks FerruFx

I got error 'variable not define'.. what do I do wrong?

Where do I put the code in here.

Print("Buy \"", symbol, "\", ", _lot, ", ", _price, ", ", Slippage, ", ", _sl, ", ", _tp, ", ", magic, ", \"", comment, "\"");

int res = OrderSend(symbol, OP_BUY, lot, price, Slippage, sl, tp, comment, magic, 0, clBuy);

if (res >= 0) {

Sleep(SleepOk);

return (res);

:: your question is still too vague to answer... "not show up in MT4 platform" ... so you have buffers? where are they? your Var1..4 will be filled, no problem there (if you followed the correct indicator code)... check your variables with "comment" or "print" function, that you have a visual on them...

check your Var4 against your current close, if it's under or above...

you can find it here iSAR - MQL4 Documentation

JBear:
Hi

Hope I am in the right place this time

I am new to coding (Greener than Cabbage in fact) and I have begun to write my first EA. I have been using the old process of elimination and I actually got to complete something really simple last night (Made a Good Healthy Loss but hey it worked :~)) so I thought that I would try to tighten out the losses so to speak by adding some variables but then found that there are some variables that are not recognised when testing on the MT4 Platform so can someone please point me in the right direction

double Var1 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Var2 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 1, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Var3 = iMA(NULL, 0, 7, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Var4 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.02, 0.2, Current + 0);

As you can see Var3 has the Current + 1 and I am trying to use this as a Close Signal but when testing this the MA will not show up on the MT4 Platform therefore my code will not Close

Do I need another testing program for this

Also Var4 I would like to show as an Acending and Decending Variable. Is this possible

Thanks in advance

JBear
Reason: