Calculate lot for expert advisor

Hello,

I'm struggling with something stupid here, don't know what I'm doing wrong.  

I want to trade one lot for every 10000 I have in my account.  So if I have 15000 in my account, the lot  traded should be 15000/10000, and that is 1.5 lots.

This worked in MQL4, but in MQL5 it won't work.  I even normailzed the double to zero decimal places, but it still won't work.  If I don't give it a solid interger value the order won't go through.  Any idea why this won't work ?

Thanks

double ab = AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE);

lot_size = ab / 10000;

Saidar:

Hello,

I'm struggling with something stupid here, don't know what I'm doing wrong.  

I want to trade one lot for every 10000 I have in my account.  So if I have 15000 in my account, the lot  traded should be 15000/10000, and that is 1.5 lots.

This worked in MQL4, but in MQL5 it won't work.  I even normailzed the double to zero decimal places, but it still won't work.  If I don't give it a solid interger value the order won't go through.  Any idea why this won't work ?

Thanks

Why do you want to give it a "solid integer value" if the result (e.g. 1.5) is of double type?

You should declare lot_size in double type. Like this:

void OnStart()
  {
   double ab=AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE);
   double lot_size=ab/10000;

Print("lot_size=",lot_size);
  }
See Typecasting

Hey, thanks for the help.  I know I must declare the lot size variable as double, I just showed you an example of how I coded it, it was not the exact code.  The fact is it won't work, even the code you now gave me won't work.  At least not in the strategy tester
Reason: