How fast is OnCalculate( ) ? - page 2

angevoyageur:
Why do you think there is an issue with OnCalculate ? I don't think so.

Well, I'm actually asking in the forum because this is my only suspicion... I have done several tests, but couldn't solve this problem yet. Maybe someone had a similar problem in the past and could share thoughts and opinions in the forum. The point is, we know that the forex market is reasonably different from stock and futures markets, and as far as I know MetaTrader is a tool that gained market share because its reliability in forex trading. However, I'm using MetaTrader to trade in stocks and futures markets, where, IMHO, MetaTrader is still gaining experience to compete with other serious trading tools. Some of the indicators and strategies suited for these markets rely heavily on tick data and calculations. So, I would be very disappointed if MetaTrader couldn't be used to perform such calculations in a reliable manner. I'm pretty sure the problem might be inside my code and, to be honest, I'm available to share it with anyone offering serious help. However, at least for me, a tick indicator being computed by two different MetaTrader instances in the same machine, same broker, same symbol, and returning different values most of the time is quite disappointing...

Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Mobile trading is an exciting possibility to analyze price dynamics and execute trade operations in financial markets from anywhere in the world. And now its available with MetaTrader 5 Mobile Trading Software.

Malacarne:

Well, I'm actually asking in the forum because this is my only suspicion... I have done several tests, but couldn't solve this problem yet. Maybe someone had a similar problem in the past and could share thoughts and opinions in the forum. The point is, we know that the forex market is reasonably different from stock and futures markets, and as far as I know MetaTrader is a tool that gained market share because its reliability in forex trading. However, I'm using MetaTrader to trade in stocks and futures markets, where, IMHO, MetaTrader is still gaining experience to compete with other serious trading tools. Some of the indicators and strategies suited for these markets rely heavily on tick data and calculations. So, I would be very disappointed if MetaTrader couldn't be used to perform such calculations in a reliable manner. I'm pretty sure the problem might be inside my code and, to be honest, I'm available to share it with anyone offering serious help. However, at least for me, a tick indicator being computed by two different MetaTrader instances in the same machine, same broker, same symbol, and returning different values most of the time is quite disappointing...

Really ? Why do you think I answered you ?

Forum

How fast is OnCalculate( ) ?

angevoyageur, 2013.12.10 18:27

You don't show the code used to produce the result of your screenshot so it's difficult to give a complete answer, as I really don't understand your screenshot.

See this post, it may be interest you.

How do you think someone can answer you in a constructive way without the code ? If you don't want to show it, you can write to ServiceDesk, and see what you will have as answer.

angevoyageur:

Really ? Why do you think I answered you ?

How do you think someone can answer you in a constructive way without the code ? If you don't want to show it, you can write to ServiceDesk, and see what you will have as answer.
I don't want to post it... but, as said, I'm available to privately share the code with anyone offering serious help...
Reason: