Download MetaTrader 5

Multiple timeframe Moving Average indicator question

To add comments, please log in or register
ruth26
ruth26  

Hello fellow coders!

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am looking for an indicator using Moving Averages to evaluate a currency pairs trending/ranging conditions.

It uses 7 currency pairs - USD/JPY, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, AUD/USD.

Evaluates conditions through Moving Averages crossovers. For example if 5SMA of the Close > 10SMA of the Close & 5SMA of the Close > 20SMA of the High = Arrow up, strong uptrend.

It creates a neat table showing you the current conditions for these 7 pairs and 7 time frames (15MIN,30MIN,1H,4H,1D,1W,1M).

Something like this:

PAIR
 15M30M
1H
4H
DAY
WEEK
MONTH
GBP/USD

EUR/USD

AUD/USD

NZD/USD

USD/JPY

USD/CHF

USD/CAD

* There is 5 types of arrows inside the table - up = strong uptrend,green (defined as 5SMA of the Close > 10SMA of the Close & 5SMA of the Close > 20SMA of the High)

- down = strong downtrend,red ( defined as 5SMA of the Close < 10SMA of the Close & 5SMA of the Close < 20SMA of the Low)

- flat (or pointing to the right) = range,yellow (defined as 5SMA of the Close < 20SMA of the High & 5SMA of the Close > 20SMA of the Low)

- halfway between flat and up = uptrend,light green (defined as 5SMA of the Close < 10SMA of the Close & 5SMA of the Close > 20SMA of the High)

- halfway between flat and down = downtrend,light red ( defined as 5SMA of the Close > 10SMA of the Close & 5SMA of the Close < 20 SMA of the Low)

Does anyone possibly know of any similiar piece of code? Any hints or clues are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

ruth

To add comments, please log in or register