installing MT4 offline

Hi everybody

I would appreciate if you could help me know if it is possible to install meta trader offline , I don't have direct connection to internet on my computer at work .

I was thinking it might be possible to copy source file and specially use editing environment .

Ciao

it is not possible.

Memma30:
it is not possible.

IT IS POSSIBLE! It is just more complicated to do so. However, offline mode only makes sense for using the Strategy Tester with externally generated tick data and little else.

1. Install on a PC that does have Internet, but set it up in Portable mode [terminal.exe /portable ] on a separate and independent folder (such as an external USB flash drive).
  2. On the other PC without Internet, just use the external USB as is, or copy the folder over to you local hard-drive.
  3. If needed, adjust the shortcuts (or batch files) to take into account the new location.

However, take into account that since you do not have access to the Internet, certain pieces of information will be missing, such as certain symbol details, current prices for calculating tick value, so to prevent this problem, make sure you connect to the Broker while still on the first PC and select all the necessary symbols that you will need. Only after that can you then copy the entire structure over to the new PC.

There are however a few caveats, but if you are already using external tick data for Back-Testing, then you will probably already know about the little requirements needed for setting this up.

FMIC:

IT IS POSSIBLE! It is just more complicated to do so. However, offline mode . . . .

Thanks , I will check !

hi 

i cant install mt4 in my pc.

when i click to download & install mt4 for pc in site , after download & install i saw mt5 installed.

please help me.

Hamed Feyzi:

hi 

i cant install mt4 in my pc.

when i click to download & install mt4 for pc in site , after download & install i saw mt5 installed.

please help me.

You can only download MT4 from brokers websites nowadays.

You cannot download it directly from Metaquotes.

Reason: