New article: MQL5 Cookbook: Processing of the TradeTransaction Event

New article MQL5 Cookbook: Processing of the TradeTransaction Event has been published at mql5.com:

In this article I would like to introduce one of the ways to control trade events using the means of MQL5. I must mention that a few articles have already been dedicated to this topic. "Processing of trade events in Expert Advisor using the OnTrade() function" is one of them. I am not going to repeat other authors and will use another handler - OnTradeTransaction().

I would like to draw the readers' attention to the following point. The current version of the MQL5 language formally counts 14 event handlers of the Client Terminal. In addition, a programmer has a possibility to create custom events with EventChartCustom() and process them with OnChartEvent(). However, the term 'Event-driven programming' (EDP) is not mentioned in Documentation at all. It is strange, given the fact, that any program in MQL5 is created based on the EDP principles. For instance, the user is offered to make a choice at the step 'Events handler for the Expert' in a template of any Expert Advisor.

It is obvious that the mechanism of the Event-driven Programming is used in MQL5 one way or another. The language may contain program blocks consisting of two parts: selecting and processing of an event. Moreover, if we are talking about events of the Client Terminal, a programmer has control only over the second part, i.e. the event handler. To be fair, there are exceptions for some events. Timer and custom event are among them. Control of these events is left entirely for the programmer.

Fig.6. The first scheme of the transaction process

Fig.6. The first scheme of the transaction process

Author: Dennis Kirichenko

Reason: