Hedging restictions and other

I understand that the "hedging" techique in its simple form is not allowed in the MT5 platform  due to regulatory restrictions in the US.

That does not worry me, I do not use that technique. Are there other restrictions that are also implemented into the platform.

ingvar_e:

I understand that the "hedging" techique in its simple form is not allowed in the MT5 platform  due to regulatory restrictions in the US.

That does not worry me, I do not use that technique. Are there other restrictions that are also implemented into the platform.

The only other restriction I can think about (compared to MT4) is that you can't import your own data (to work with the Strategy Tester for example).

angevoyageur:

The only other restriction I can think about (compared to MT4) is that you can't import your own data (to work with the Strategy Tester for example).

Can I know why still MT4 platform provide hedging since hedging is restricted in the US.

kchandek:
Can I know why still MT4 platform provide hedging since hedging is restricted in the US.
There is not only the US in the world.

angevoyageur:

Thanks angevoyageur. I was a bit worried about the FIFO rule
Reason: