Don't load and try the new editor b915!!

Following the solicitation of https://forum.mql4.com/62170 I dld and installed the terminal b628 and the editor b915

Butr the editor cannot be used!!

This line:

extern int              aHIGH_UseHiLo                                   = 1; //Max$ HiLo=0; maxT 0&1

My mouse is placed between "//" and "Max$..

If I now press delete not the right char 'M' is deleted but the / and after the next DEL the space before the / is deleted??

So cursor-location does not match the place where the char are changed???

It is practically impossible to work with it!!

So wait for the next one!

gooly:

Following the solicitation of https://forum.mql4.com/62170 I dld and installed the terminal b628 and the editor b915

Butr the editor cannot be used!!

This line:

My mouse is placed between "//" and "Max$..

If I now press delete not the right char 'M' is deleted but the / and after the next DEL the space before the / is deleted??

So cursor-location does not match the place where the char are changed???

It is practically impossible to work with it!!

So wait for the next one!

Not reproducible.

angevoyageur:
Not reproducible.

Maybe gooly needs to restart his pc and see if the problem happens again ...

I have Win7.

Restart? As soon as I re-copied the prev. b914 back in the MT4-folder and start the editor by the terminal (still b628) this behaviour disappeared.

gooly:

I have Win7.

Restart? As soon as I re-copied the prev. b914 back in the MT4-folder and start the editor by the terminal (still b628) this behaviour disappeared.

As I thought. You just being explosive while you know the workaround for the problem.

I usually use backspace so I hadn't noticed this until now but gooly is right, delete does behave in a weird way, it deletes from the right of the cursor. I don't think it usualy did that. It might be a new feature to delete after the cursor ? You can still use backspace the usual way.

SDC:

I usually use backspace so I hadn't noticed this until now but gooly is right, delete does behave in a weird way, it deletes from the right of the cursor. I don't think it usualy did that. It might be a new feature to delete after the cursor ? You can still use backspace the usual way.

I didn't use the files posted here, but the automated update from Metaquotes server to get build 628, and I don't have this problem.

SDC:

As far as I know, Delete has always removed the character to the right of where you place and click the cursor. It is certainly not a new feature.

GumRai:

As far as I know, Delete has always removed the character to the right of where you place and click the cursor. It is certainly not a new feature.

Oh yes, I didn't notice that SDC is describing the right behaviour for Delete key.

By the way, I just test the files uploaded to the forum and all is ok with them too.

Backspace key removes character to the left of the cursor, Delete key removes character to the right of the cursor. Standard behaviour.

I think gooly is saying otherwise ... from what I understand of what he is trying to say of his problem ...

deysmacro:
I think gooly is saying otherwise ... from what I understand of what he is trying to say of his problem ...
Yes and what I say is that his problem is not reproducible and probably not related to build 628.
Reason: