new build fatal flaw

Hi

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced what I believe to be a fatal flaw in the new build, when an EA is placed on a chart and then the time frame is changed, I have found that the EA does not load correctly, the wrong values are placed in the wrong places, I have code that I have written that I have been using with absolutely no problem before, now on the new build when time frames are changed it becomes corrupted, I know this because I have printed the data to the screen, I have been in contact with Metaquotes and they say recompile, in the new build, but I have done that and it says there is no errors, also debug says there is no errors, so I have to believe there is nothing wrong with my code and the error is in the new build, the errors are not always the same, and it never did this in the old version.

It will look like it is working perfectly, but it is not because it is loaded with incorrect values, to overcome the problem, I have to replace the EA on the chart if the time frame is changed, and then it runs absolutely perfectly all the time.

I think that there could be people that have this problem and don't even know it, but will just think that, that is what the EA is programmed to do, and if you can't see the values, you would just expect that they are correct, but in fact they are not, so obviously people could be loosing when they should not be.

I am not saying that ever EA will do this, but to be safe it would be best when changing time frames to remove and replace the EA on the chart until they sort this out, that is if they will at all, they don't appear to be to worried about it, as they have not answered, to tell me what they intend to do about the problem, or even if they will do anything.

I said to Metaquotes, how can I fix something that says it is not broken, the problem is with the new build.

Thanks

Robert

robertlotter:

Hi

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced what I believe to be a fatal flaw in the new build, when an EA is placed on a chart and then the time frame is changed, I have found that the EA does not load correctly, the wrong values are placed in the wrong places, I have code that I have written that I have been using with absolutely no problem before, now on the new build when time frames are changed it becomes corrupted, I know this because I have printed the data to the screen, I have been in contact with Metaquotes and they say recompile, in the new build, but I have done that and it says there is no errors, also debug says there is no errors, so I have to believe there is nothing wrong with my code and the error is in the new build, the errors are not always the same, and it never did this in the old version.

It will look like it is working perfectly, but it is not because it is loaded with incorrect values, to overcome the problem, I have to replace the EA on the chart if the time frame is changed, and then it runs absolutely perfectly all the time.

I think that there could be people that have this problem and don't even know it, but will just think that, that is what the EA is programmed to do, and if you can't see the values, you would just expect that they are correct, but in fact they are not, so obviously people could be loosing when they should not be.

I am not saying that ever EA will do this, but to be safe it would be best when changing time frames to remove and replace the EA on the chart until they sort this out, that is if they will at all, they don't appear to be to worried about it, as they have not answered, to tell me what they intend to do about the problem, or even if they will do anything.

I said to Metaquotes, how can I fix something that says it is not broken, the problem is with the new build.

Thanks

Robert

Which build are you using ? Is it current official build 610 ?

Is there any output in Experts or Journal logs in the Terminal window ?

robertlotter: when an EA is placed on a chart and then the time frame is changed, I have found that the EA does not load correctly, the wrong values are placed in the wrong places,
Maybe because the EA is not reloaded at all. It goes through a deinit/init cycle but global/statics are NOT reset. Do you reset your variables?

WHRoeder:
Maybe because the EA is not reloaded at all. It goes through a deinit/init cycle but global/statics are NOT reset. Do you reset your variables?

Yes and the values that end up in the variables should never be where they end up ever.

angevoyageur:

Which build are you using ? Is it current official build 610 ?

Is there any output in Experts or Journal logs in the Terminal window ?

I am using 610, or what ever the latest update is, and there is nothing that would show any error in journal logs

robertlotter:

I am using 610, or what ever the latest update is, and there is nothing that would show any error in journal logs

I can't reproduce this error, so if you need help you have to provide a way to reproduce it.

Eventually you can report this directly to Metaquotes.

Reason: