what is the ticket means in tester strategy? - page 2

ubzen:

1) So that you know which ticket to Select or Close.

Added: It keeps a Counter, and increments that Counter by 1.

2) High tick_count means more data to process.

Which of these can you count faster? From 1 to 10. Or From 1 to 100.

my meaning is that: what is the exact effect of high/low volumn per bar in strategy tester? I can't see its effect.

vx0532: my meaning is that: what is the exact effect of high/low volumn per bar in strategy tester? I can't see its effect.
You are off-topic. This one is about Ticket.

ubzen:
You are off-topic. This one is about Ticket.

Ok. thanks for all of your time and effort.

I really don't know what is the effect of many tickets in strategy tester except making EA run slow.

vx0532:

Ok. thanks for all of your time and effort.

I really don't know what is the effect of many tickets in strategy tester except making EA run slow.

Many orders take more time to process.

ubzen:

Ok, maybe I have know the answer.

In strategy tester' testing, the orders open and close only should be done when the ticket is coming?

vx0532: Ok, maybe I have know the answer. In strategy tester' testing, the orders open and close only should be done when the ticket is coming?

Depends upon the strategy. If you only trade one order @ a time then back-testing will be faster. However, the more orders you open ... the slower the back-test will be.

Ticket do-not come unless you place a New order with OrderSend().

ubzen:

Replace the word ticket with the word tick . . .

vx0532:

Thank you for your recommend post, I have read and have questions as below:

1. in that article, major discuss about MT5, I use MT4; it said "Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal uses only one mode of price modeling in testing - the generation of ticks on the basis of existing historical data on minute time frames of the used symbols. The remaining modes of simulations in MetaTrader 4 were removed because despite their high speed, they failed to provide a high accuracy of testing. ", I think it means MT5 use one mode of MT4's modes, maybe control points, and the modes of every ticket and open price only were deleted, yes?

2. In the fact, whatever mode, I just want to know how does bid / ask price is produced for one ticket, maybe the point price +/- 0.5*spread?

Thanks a lot!

Please do not use the word ticket when you mean tick . . .

Each bar will have at least 4 Bid prices, Open, High, Low and Close, they will also have 4 Ask prices and these will be the Bid price + Spread. Where a M1 bar has more than Open, High, Low and Close prices the Strategy Tester data will also have more than 4 prices . . . so as I already said in an earlier post, M1 data with a higher Volume (tick count) will have a higher tick count in the Strategy Tester than data where the equivalent M1 bar has a lesser Volume (tick count).

RaptorUK:

Please do not use the word ticket when you mean tick . . .

Each bar will have at least 4 Bid prices, Open, High, Low and Close, they will also have 4 Ask prices and these will be the Bid price + Spread. Where a M1 bar has more than Open, High, Low and Close prices the Strategy Tester data will also have more than 4 prices . . . so as I already said in an earlier post, M1 data with a higher Volume (tick count) will have a higher tick count in the Strategy Tester than data where the equivalent M1 bar has a lesser Volume (tick count).

I think I must make you almost crazy, sorry RaptorUK, in the fact, me too.

maybe I still don't explain my question clearly.

Thanks to your this explanation, I know how bid and ask price were produced. thank you.

yes, Strategy Tester data have more, besides these 4 prices; that is "Volume" as below picture:

My confusing point is "what is tick count? and why the strategy tester should count ticks to test EA?"

As I know the other 4 prices(open,high,low,close) to produce 4 bid and ask price which can be used by strategy tester, so strategy tester need it; but how volume / ticks take part in the strategy testing? for example, big volume will produce more bid/ask prices, 3-5-3 rather than 1-3-1? or other somethings.

Thank you for all your kind replies.

vx0532:

I think I must make you almost crazy, sorry RaptorUK, in the fact, me too.

maybe I still don't explain my question clearly.

Thanks to your this explanation, I know how bid and ask price were produced. thank you.

yes, Strategy Tester data have more, besides these 4 prices; that is "Volume" as below picture:

My confusing point is "what is tick count? and why the strategy tester should count ticks to test EA?"

As I know the other 4 prices(open,high,low,close) to produce 4 bid and ask price which can be used by strategy tester, so strategy tester need it; but how volume / ticks take part in the strategy testing? for example, big volume will produce more bid/ask prices, 3-5-3 rather than 1-3-1? or other somethings.

Yes, exactly . . . Volume == tick count large Volume == big tick count

I don't know exactly the formula for this in MT4 that is why I gave you a link to the MT5 information (with a little MT4 information) . . . the method for MT4 will be similar.

The Strategy Tester is trying to simulate real life . . . in real life a bar is made up of many ticks, the Strategy Tester tries to simulate this. The Strategy Tester will only see 4 values for a M1 bar, O, H, L & C, from those 4 values and the Volume information it will make up the ticks that it replays in the Strategy Tester.
Reason: