Flat Market Strategy Logic (Expert Advisor)

Hi guys,

I'm developing an EA which is based on Moving Average using H1 time period, this EA generates +339 pips/month.

But this EA gives negative result during flat market condition about -280 pips/month.

Do you know what kind of strategy or logic to avoid the EA making trades on flat market condition ?

I think there are ways to at least reduce the flat draw downs, but for this I need to see the code.

You can write a private message to me.

gooly

it's not about the code, but the trading strategy behind it.

From my experience the old Std. Deviation and Bill Williams MFI is the best method to catch both flat & strong market condition.. am I right or wrong about this ?

or maybe do you have an indicator to tell when the flat market or strong trend market ?

May be, it depends on the strategy, the timeframe, the 'aggressivity' of the EA => the code.

siraitx: From my experience the old Std. Deviation and Bill Williams MFI is the best method to catch both flat & strong market condition.. am I right or wrong about this ?
You are wrong about that. There is no best method for all conditions. You have to choose one. There is no definition of best. You have to define it. We can not answer your question.
Reason: