Silver and Gold mystery - page 2

apes001: What's really funny (odd) is the pips2dbl variable which is the same for both the 3 and 2 digit brokers.
Of course it is. A pip is a pip. Doesn't matter for a 2 and 3 digit pair. On a 3 digit broker a point is 1/10 pip. The whole point of pips2dbl is to be independent of the broker 2 vs 3.

apes001:

The previous post shows the formula that ar eidentical for both Brokers. pips2dbl stays the same although IBFX is a 2 Digits broker (on the chart that is).

This problem is way above my "coding" grade... :-)

I don't know what else to check...

I don't understand why you should expect pips2dbl to be different. Isn't the point of the code to make the value consistant no matter what broker?

if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    
      pips2dbl = Point*10; pips2points = 10; Digits.pips = 1;
      } else {   pips2dbl = Point; pips2points = 1; Digits.pips = 0;}

If Digits == 3, Point is multiplied by 10 and assigned to pips2dbl

If Digits ==2, then pips2dbl = Point.

You would have to expect them to be the same.

Hi WHRoeder and GumRai:

I am so sorry for that mishap - I think it's the frustration of not moving forward (being stuck at this point).

I also bought a new LapTop a month or so ago with all the bells & whistles (Core i7, etc.). Like a top rated idiot I decided to download and install
Windows 8.1 (Evaluation Copy). What a disaster...! I'm getting visited now with the notorious Blue Screen once an hour at least. So that's
another frustration.

Anyhow - I need to take a break for a day or two. Just to get the thinking juices flowing again....

If both of you didn't see any obvious problems with the excel analysis - then at least that is a good point to start off again.

I appreciate
Reason: