simultaneous processing of multiple order tickets? - page 3

Someone mentioned that you can place multiple async-orders only from multiple EAs, is this true? 

OrderSend is synchronous. So only multiple EAs can do async. This was my point in the OrderSelect loop discussion.

whroeder1:
OrderSend is synchronous. So only multiple EAs can do async. This was my point in the OrderSelect loop discussion.

Right, so if I had slave EA's that ran on a loop and watched a Global Variable for a signal then I could place or close multiple orders at once?

nicholishen: Right, so if I had slave EA's that ran on a loop and watched a Global Variable for a signal then I could place or close multiple orders at once?

They don't need to run on a loop. They could just react to Tick events on the same Symbol as the primary EA. But if you are thinking of creating a general EA irrespective of symbol, and then just run multiple instances, then maybe that would make sense.

However, I have yet to come across a situation where you would need such a solution, unless you are planing a Super-Duper Grid EA.

If that is the case, there is actually a mathematical way of achieving the same grid result (actually, even better results), while never having more than one order open at a time, greatly simplifying order management (and being FIFO compliant).

If it is the case of stacking, you can also use the OrderCloseBy() method which you yourself reawakened recently which is much simpler than having multiple EA's closing orders for you.

Fernando Carreiro:

They don't need to run on a loop. They could just react to Tick events on the same Symbol as the primary EA. But if you are thinking of creating a general EA irrespective of symbol, and then just run multiple instances, then maybe that would make sense.

However, I have yet to come across a situation where you would need such a solution, unless you are planing a Super-Duper Grid EA.

If that is the case, there is actually a mathematical way of achieving the same grid result (actually, even better results), while never having more than one order open at a time, greatly simplifying order management (and being FIFO compliant).

If it is the case of stacking, you can also use the OrderCloseBy() method which you yourself reawakened recently which is much simpler than having multiple EA's closing orders for you.

So the issue is with an open grid in fast market. You can easily close down your open position, but not so easy to quickly remove the remaining pending orders. Depending on how tight your grid is you have could newly opened trades while waiting for your pending orders to delete one by one.

nicholishen: So the issue is with an open grid in fast market. You can easily close down your open position, but not so easy to quickly remove the remaining pending orders. Depending on how tight your grid is you have could newly opened trades while waiting for your pending orders to delete one by one.

Since I am not at all a fan of using Pending Orders in EA's, I don't have that problem (I only use Market Orders and simulate Pending Order functionality).

But for those that do use Pending Orders, I can understand the difficulties you have just described!

Reason: