why do we need MT5?

naolessie:

It's obvious nobody wants it.

Please do not change anything on MT4. Just fix bugs and stuff and keep MT4 forever. 

Perhaps you should read some posts on this Forum before posting,  then you would know why some people do want MT5 and about the big changes to MT4 that are happening . . .

naolessie:

Please do not change anything on MT4. Just fix bugs and stuff and keep MT4 forever. 

I can only think that you would make such a bold assertion in order to obtain a huge number of replies. In any case, to name just a feature, object-oriented language, which makes it totally worth it 

naolessie:

I want MT5 features but with MT4 style of managing of open orders.

naolessie:

who are 'we'? You named this thread as 'why do we ..." ... i think - i am not inside this 'we' group, right? :)

naolessie:

Only from memory, and without any order, and without talking about programming :

• To apply one indicator to another.
  • To use the Cloud for optimization.
  • To get more drawing style for indicators.
  • To create an EA without programming knowledge (MQL5 Wizard).
  • To gain access to more trading instrument (shares)
  • To be able to test multi-currency strategies.
  • To get more objects applicable to trade from chart.
  • To have access to exposure information.
  • To have access to news events on chart.

There are probably a lot more thing, I don't think immediately.

Applying One Indicator to Another
Applying One Indicator to Another
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
When writing an indicator that uses the short form of the OnCalculate() function call, you might miss the fact that an indicator can be calculated not only by price data, but also by data of some other indicator (no matter whether it is a built-in or custom one). Do you want to improve an indicator for its correct application to the other indicator's data? In this article we'll review all the steps required for such modification.

naolessie:

I like MT5! Although the usage rate from mt4 to mt5 is something like 20:1 now.
Reason: