reading offline chart indicator in another different offline chart...

Is this possible?

I'm sure someone has done it before but I can't find information about this. 

If anyone can or knows how to do this can they send me a private message please.

Much appreciated.

TB 

tradability:

Is this possible?

If anyone can or knows how to do this can they send me a private message please.

Much appreciated.

TB 

Why PM you ?.

Yes by using MT Global Variable (https://docs.mql4.com/globals) or File Operation (https://docs.mql4.com/files), or using dll.  

BTW, thank you for asking this in mql4 forum instead in mql5 forum. 

tradability:

Is this possible?

Use iCustom()  but make sure you use the correct symbol name for the offline data and the correct timeframe for the offline data  . . . .  I've never tried this but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

phi.nuts:

Why PM you ?.

Yes by using MT Global Variable (https://docs.mql4.com/globals) or File Operation (https://docs.mql4.com/files), or using dll.  

BTW, thank you for asking this in mql4 forum instead in mql5 forum. 

The reason I asked for pm is because I thought I would get an email telling me someone has replied otherwise how would I know if I get a reply keep visiting for decades? You need a system here like other forums that sends you an email when a reply is made.

Also the link you provided is like me trying to read another language I'm no programmer but I learn fast is shown an example.

RaptorUK:
Use iCustom()  but make sure you use the correct symbol name for the offline data and the correct timeframe for the offline data  . . . .  I've never tried this but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.
I'm not a programmer so can you post me the line that would use the open of a simple moving average from say 10 ticks offline chart onto another 4 tick chart please?

tradability:
I'm not a programmer so can you post me the line that would use the open of a simple moving average from say 10 ticks offline chart onto another 4 tick chart please?

You are trying to work with tick charts ?  if you are not a programmer you are going to have to learn pretty quick . . .

Read the documentation on iMA()  and fit the parameters to those you are using with your offline charts . . . 

RaptorUK:

You are trying to work with tick charts ?  if you are not a programmer you are going to have to learn pretty quick . . .

Read the documentation on iMA()  and fit the parameters to those you are using with your offline charts . . . 

Hi raptor

I use this line in my indicator on an offline chart

double mao = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);

so to read this indicator from another offline chart say M2, what changes will i need?

I cant have this line..

double mao = iMA(NULL,Period_M2,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i); 

Because this M2 does not exist under the normal coding right? 

tradability:

Hi raptor

I use this line in my indicator on an offline chart

double mao = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);

so to read this indicator from another offline chart say M2, what changes will i need?

I cant have this line..

double mao = iMA(NULL,Period_M2,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i); 

Because this M2 does not exist under the normal coding right? 

You can't use PERIOD_M2,  no,  but PERIOD_M1 is a standard constant and represents the timeframe and is a value of 1,  so the equivalent for M2 would be 2 . . .  this will match your offline chart as long as your offline chart has been written with a timeframe of 2 in the header.

RaptorUK:
You can't use PERIOD_M2,  no,  but PERIOD_M1 is a standard constant and represents the timeframe and is a value of 1,  so the equivalent for M2 would be 2 . . .  this will match your offline chart as long as your offline chart has been written with a timeframe of 2 in the header.

so this will work ?

double mao = iMA(NULL,2,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);

tradability:

so this will work ?

double mao = iMA(NULL,2,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);
Well,  it depends on the Symbol name used in your offline chart . . .  if it's the same as the chart that you run that code on then yes it should work,  as long as you want a MA based on a single bar . . .

RaptorUK:
Well,  it depends on the Symbol name used in your offline chart . . .  if it's the same as the chart that you run that code on then yes it should work,  as long as you want a MA based on a single bar . . .

I have tested it and It does not work unless I did something wrong but i recall trying this before doing exactly as you recommended and it not working.

Did you test it yourself or your going by wha you feel would work?

So you know i tried from offline to offline and offline to time based and non worked. 

Reason: