help my mt4 is not running again - page 2

RaptorUK:

that's what i did before, than reinstalled it, didn't work, than i was told to reinstall it to C instead of C/Program Files, where it was/is. Than it ran ok for two days, then I could not open the program and it just do not do anything if I try to open it.

kovave:

that's what i did before, than reinstalled it, didn't work, than i was told to reinstall it to C instead of C/Program Files, where it was/is. Than it ran ok for two days, then I could not open the program and it just do not do anything if I try to open it.
Well if I were you, I'd focus on getting it to work again.
I would un-install the program from all directories using the un-install.
If there are still files or folders left behind, I'd delete them.
Then I would re-install the program on the c drive again.
Then I would re-name the live update to _liveupdate.
Then I would start to keep an eye on what changes made it not-work.

I would run the program for about 3 days.
If it kept working after 3 days and I feel that I need the liveupdates.
I would re-name the live-update to its original name.

If it only ran for 2-days again and stopped. I could contact Microsoft.
If it stopped working after I live_update, I'm un-installing again.

If it does-not work after un-installing and re-installling.
I would do the following hopefully in order.
- Research Windows Vista UAC Issues
- Contact Microsoft as I cannot understand this UAC stuff.
- Microsoft dont help ... Do I really want to use Mt4.
Yes- Time to backup my computer and re-install Windows Vista.
- Does not work...Time to upgrade to Windows 7.
- Still dont work...Time to downgrade to Windows Xp.
- Still dont work...I would just give-up. :(

But all this is just me. You handle it how you feel best for you.

Ps> Also keep an eye on Short-Cuts on your Start/Desktop/Quick Launch/Elsewhere which might be pointing to the old installation. I would actually make sure it's not a shortcut issue first. If you believe it's a short-cut issue you could try launching the program directly by going to c:\whatever then open terminal.exe.

ubzen:
Ps> Also keep an eye on Short-Cuts on your Start/Desktop/Quick Launch/Elsewhere which might be pointing to the old installation. I would actually make sure it's not a shortcut issue first. If you believe it's a short-cut issue you could try launching the program directly by going to c:\whatever then open terminal.

You think that's a Vista problem? I am just thinking, I got a pop-up window a few times saying that asus live update had stoped working (or something like that) and that windows is trying to solve the problem, but it never give me anymore information. You think that could be it? I do not think it's the short-cut issue, I have tried to open the program, as you sad and nothing happens.

Its more than likely a Vista/Live-Update problem. Reason I believe is because after you install on just the C:\ drive it started to work. Now something caused it to stop working and my guess is because you did a live update. Vista is known for it's problems. However there are people out there who use mt4 with Vista. Your Vista probably thinks the program is still in program files.

I'm willing to bet that mt4 would work on a Fresh-Install of Vista when it's installed on the C:\ drive [Just like the Testers Probably tested Mt4]. The rest of the problems usually have to do with individual configurations.

ubzen:

Its more than likely a Vista/Live-Update problem. Reason I believe is because after you install on just the C:\ drive it started to work. Now something caused it to stop working and my guess is because you did a live update. Vista is known for it's problems. However there are people out there who use mt4 with Vista. Your Vista probably thinks the program is still in program files.

I'm willing to bet that mt4 would work on a Fresh-Install of Vista when it's installed on the C:\ drive [Just like the Testers Probably tested Mt4]. The rest of the problems usually have to do with individual configurations.

Are you saying that I should un- and re-install it on C:/ again?

kovave:

Are you saying that I should un- and re-install it on C:/ again?
It wouldn't hurt to un-install and re-install. I'm saying you should follow the steps I give you on Post [2012.11.24 14:27]. If you're not good with computers then perhaps you should get someone more technical to help.

ubzen:
It wouldn't hurt to un-install and re-install. I'm saying you should follow the steps I give you on Post [2012.11.24 14:27]. If you're not good with computers then perhaps you should get someone more technical to help.

ok, thanks for taking the time. I will do that.
Reason: