Tester for interlinked multiple EAs ??

Hello all,

I am using a hedging technique with 2 EA's - one is the primary opener/closer and one is the hedging mechanism, using Magic #'s to interact with each other.... The problem is that I cannot backtest the system in MT4 - as Tester can only run one EA at a time.

Can anyone suggest other ways for such simultaneous testing of 2 or more EAs ? I suspect this is beyond MT4, but any suggestion would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Dan

thanks

Why are you creating two separate EAs?

Dannoo007:

Hello all,

I am using a hedging technique with 2 EA's - one is the primary opener/closer and one is the hedging mechanism, using Magic #'s to interact with each other.... The problem is that I cannot backtest the system in MT4 - as Tester can only run one EA at a time.

Can anyone suggest other ways for such simultaneous testing of 2 or more EAs ? I suspect this is beyond MT4, but any suggestion would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Dan

The easiest, most accurate, definitive way of testing 2 EA's simultaneously is to run them on a live account. You will learn very, very quickly how profitable your system is.

Good luck.

thekaptain:

The easiest, most accurate, definitive way of testing 2 EA's simultaneously is to run them on a live account. You will learn very, very quickly how profitable your system is.

Good luck.

Not if the EAs in question are designed in such a way that they only take one trade a week . . . there will be nothing happening very, very quickly in that case.

What about running the EAs in different terminals and linking then via named pipes . . .

RaptorUK:

Not if the EAs in question are designed in such a way that they only take one trade a week . . . there will be nothing happening very, very quickly in that case.

What about running the EAs in different terminals and linking then via named pipes . . .

Ha very true. I guess I got a little carried away.
Reason: