Data accuracy, which one is better?

I just found it out today. I am talking about the daily chart as an example.

Data acquisition method 1: Just use the mouse to drag on the chart and data would be downloaded automatically and Never download data from history data center.

Method 2. Go to history data center and download history data from server and then re-calculated different time-frames.

I found out that the data by the above two method are totoally different. The differences are about tens of points.

My question is which way I should use to obtain accurate data. Thanks

lostbridge:

I just found it out today. I am talking about the daily chart as an example.

Data acquisition method 1: Just use the mouse to drag on the chart and data would be downloaded automatically and Never download data from history data center.

Method 2. Go to history data center and download history data from server and then re-calculated different time-frames.

I found out that the data by the above two method are totoally different. The differences are about tens of points.

My question is which way I should use to obtain accurate data. Thanks

hi lostbridge,

Forex is interbank, over-the-counter, no centralized market, So data is slighty different from one broker to another.

WTF = Welcome To Forex lostbridge,

:D

onewithzachy:

hi lostbridge,

Forex is interbank, over-the-counter, no centralized market, So data is slighty different from one broker to another.

WTF = Welcome To Forex lostbridge,

:D

Thanks for your reply.

I use alpari-us demo server. I assume that I should have the exact same history data from same server no matter how I update the data from the server. Is it right?

lostbridge:

Thanks for your reply.

I use alpari-us demo server. I assume that I should have the exact same history data from same server no matter how I update the data from the server. Is it right?

If you update your data from the Data centre you are pulling data from Metaquotes not from Alpari . . . IMO Also in my opinion daily bars are a bit of a problem . . which day ? based on which timezone ? my D1 bars are different to someone using a USA Broker because mine are based on central European time a US Broker uses a US timezone . . .

Exactly. On a GMT+0 broker, Sunday is two hours long. GMT+2 broker has NO Sunday bar.
Reason: