learning to code

I have recently purchase the book "expert advisor programming by Andrew R. Young... and I'm wondering does anyone have additional books that they would recommend? Thanks for you input.

Look at the top of this page (Documentation and Book), that really all you need.

brokev44:
I have recently purchase the book "expert advisor programming by Andrew R. Young... and I'm wondering does anyone have additional books that they would recommend? Thanks for you input.

I started out with learning the fundamentals of programming by learning C and C++. The basic concepts you learn in C and C++ can then be applied in MQL4. In my opinion MQL4 should be viewed as an augmentation to the basics of C and C++. By learning the principles you will have lattitude to build your own code instead of trying to learn other people's code. Books I recommend after much research are "C Primer Plus" by Stephen Prata and "How To Program C++" by P.J. Dietel. These books were written as text books.

ForexSurfr:

I started out with learning the fundamentals of programming by learning C and C++. The basic concepts you learn in C and C++ can then be applied in MQL4. In my opinion MQL4 should be viewed as an augmentation to the basics of C and C++. By learning the principles you will have lattitude to build your own code instead of trying to learn other people's code. Books I recommend after much research are "C Primer Plus" by Stephen Prata and "How To Program C++" by P.J. Dietel. These books were written as text books.
Reason: