Testing and EA that trades two pairs

Hi Guys,

I coded an EA which makes trades with two pairs from the same code. In MT4 strategy tester I can only add one symbol. I need to have two set of historical data and my EA makes trades based in stuff from two symbols data rather than one.

bests

Ah... and where's the question?

How to add two sets of historical data, say EURUSD, USDJPY in the strategy tester inMT4? How to test a EA that trade two pairs?

ciremql4:
How to test a EA that trade two pairs?
  1. Trading is permitted for the symbol under test only, no portfolio testing Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 Articles
  2. No reason to ever do that. If the current pair is the one you want to open, open. If it is not, don't open - the other copy on the other chart will open that one.

WHRoeder:
  1. Trading is permitted for the symbol under test only, no portfolio testing Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 Articles
  2. No reason to ever do that. If the current pair is the one you want to open, open. If it is not, don't open - the other copy on the other chart will open that one.

thnks, but to open one trader I need to analyze the data of the other pair.

ciremql4:

If you read the information linked to you will see it says:

"If other symbols and periods are actively used, it is desirable to download them to all possible depth"

So if you need to access another symbol make sure you have data for it downloaded already . . .

RaptorUK:

If you read the information linked to you will see it says:

"If other symbols and periods are actively used, it is desirable to download them to all possible depth"

So if you need to access another symbol make sure you have data for it downloaded already . . .

that is waht I dont know how to do. How to download other symbols into the tester?

ciremql4:
I didn't say you couldn't analyze data for other pairs (except bar zero in the tester,) you just can't trade them in the tester.

ciremql4:

that is waht I dont know how to do. How to download other symbols into the tester?
You don't download then into the tester, you just need to make sure MT4 has the data you need, so for example if you wanted to use EURUSD in the Strategy tester but also look at GBPUSD and you want to test from the start of 2011 you need to check you have M1 data back to the start of 2011 for GBPUSD.

RaptorUK:
You don't download then into the tester, you just need to make sure MT4 has the data you need, so for example if you wanted to use EURUSD in the Strategy tester but also look at GBPUSD and you want to test from the start of 2011 you need to check you have M1 data back to the start of 2011 for GBPUSD

I which folder I should put it and in what format?

ciremql4:
I which folder I should put it and in what format?
Open a chart, switch to M1, scroll back to the time and date when you want to test . . if you can get back to that date then you have the data. If you can't then you need to import data to get data for that date, you import data using the History Centre, press F2 . . . more info here: http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2010/12/28/setting-up-metatrader-for-better-backtesting-quality/
Reason: