How do i check if current bar high is 2 pips greater that previous bars high? - page 2

EagleEye:

Raptor! What is wrong with your guys in here? I have seen it before with other people. Why are you so hostile?

Just because you understand what going on in the code doesn't mean everybody does.

I know you guys know's a lot more than we newbee do but do you have to step on us?

Everybody can read the code, but not everyone understand the code, otherwise we wouldn't ask would we?

I'm just asking for a little understanding that's all.

You are misunderstanding . . . I am not hostile . . nobody makes me try to help, if I was hostile I'd just not answer any posts.

What I said is true though, it is meant to help you . . . if you want to make progress you need to learn, you learn by trying, seeing the result, modify, try again . . it is an iterative process. if you copy WHRoeder's code and get it to work and don't spare it another though you will learn nothing . . ( his code will work, it is very good ) . . .

If you come here to learn I am happy to try and help you, if you come for hand outs then you will get less help from me . . . it's up to you . . just like most things in life.

Second... RaptorUK truly is a nice guy and well welcomed member of the forum. His advice are on-point and on-par with the traditions of the forum. Keep up the good work. This is a self-help support site for people who like learning things themselves. This is NOT hold my hand and tutor me. Read the Manuals ... Search the web ... and then ask questions later.

ubzen thank you for your kind words :-)

EagleEye:

You're giving me a hint, but only half of the story WHRoeder :o),

#1 should i both use this piece of code if i make an EA or an indicator? I guess both

#2 I expect it should be at the 'int start()' section right?

What do i need to do if i want to use it on JPY pairs as well?

1. Both
  2. What part of "int init(){" didn't you understand? Learn to code.
  3. Nothing. That's why there is a test for Digits == 3

WHRoeder:
  1. Both
  2. What part of "int init(){" didn't you understand? Learn to code.
  3. Nothing. That's why there is a test for Digits == 3

1. ok.

2. I overlooked the int init() line otherwise i would not have asked that question. Re - Learn to code: That's what i'm trying, but it's not easy in here, one wrong question in here and you're dead meet.

3. ok.

Thanks anyway WHRoeder

if((High[0] - High[1]) > 0.00020) // Hardcoded

if((High[0] - High[1]) > 2*Point) // Semi Hardcoded, not 5 digit proof.

if((High[0] - High[1]) > 2*pips2points) // Semi Hardcoded, Where pips2points is from WHRoeder's function

extern double PipsHigher = 2;

if((High[0] - High[1]) > PipsHigher*pips2points) // Where pips2points is from WHRoeder's function and PipsHigher is an extern
Reason: