Problem with EA

I had an EA made a couple years ago, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore, I don't know if things have changed or what.

It works on tester, but it won't place the trade in live mode.

In Navigator, under Expert Advisors, my EA is greyed out while the MACD and moving averages are yellow and blue. Is mine supposed to be grey? When I attach it to the chart it has the happy face, but won't place trade when conditions are met.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone able to look at it for me?

doogie88:

I had an EA made a couple years ago, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore, I don't know if things have changed or what.

It works on tester, but it won't place the trade in live mode.

In Navigator, under Expert Advisors, my EA is greyed out while the MACD and moving averages are yellow and blue. Is mine supposed to be grey? When I attach it to the chart it has the happy face, but won't place trade when conditions are met.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone able to look at it for me?

when you post it someone can take a look ;-)

Think I found the problem. I only had the .ex4 file and need it decompiled with the .mq4 file to work live? Make sense?

doogie88:
Think I found the problem. I only had the .ex4 file and need it decompiled with the .mq4 file to work live? Make sense?

No :-)

ex4 is already compiled, mq4 is the source.

Maybe you need to re-compile...version of metatrader wrong?

But take a look in the journal ... maybe you find some errors there written when you try to attach to a chart!

That's what I thought, but when I put the .mq4 file in the directory, then it's not greyed out. Maybe that just means I an edit the EA?

There are no errors. It doesn't say anything. But testing works.

Gray means no source - can't edit.

Ok, that's what I thought.

Is it possible someone can take a look at it for me? Email maybe?

Look at what? Gray means NO source file.

But does it need the source file to work or only if you want to edi it?

Bump
Reason: