printing out variables

Anyone know the best way to test what is up with my indicator ? The indicator appears to work but for some reason the lines on my chart do not match up with the values for those same lines when i make an EA to use that indicator so i decided to compare the values for those line the EA prints with the values for those same lines by printing out the buffers from the indicator.

The problem is when i added this to my indicator

Alert("buffer_a= ",buffer_a[0]);

The result is several hundred pips away from the actual line on the chart, so then I tried

Alert("Buffer_a= ",(oldvalupper+upperdeviation+oldvallower+centerlowdeviation)/2);

That is the line of code for the input to that buffer it still prints out a value a mile away from the actual line on my chart.

How should I print out the latest value for the line in my indicator ?

show your code

Its ok I discovered what was wrong, something went wrong in mt4 even though i had been recompiling the code and removing the EA and indicator and reapplying them to the chart, mt4 was not using the updated version I dont know why this happened, is there a bug in mt4 that does this ? In the end I had to close mt4 and reopen it, after that it was working properly and the variables were the proper values.

Reason: